“The best.”

Brando's Citi Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Brando's Citi Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 122 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Wall Township, New Jersey
“The best.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is by far the best restaurant in NJ. The owners passion for amazing food is present in every meal. The staff is awesome. The rigatoni meatball here is amazing. My wife and I dine here 2 to 3 times per week.

Rumson, New Jersey
“Go for the steak! Go for the Sunday sauce!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Fine food, relaxing atmosphere and kind service describe this Asbury Italian with NYC feel and homecooked taste.

Rumson, New Jersey
“Authentic Italian Food & Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We really enjoyed this place. After searching Monmouth county for some authentic Italian food and "Sunday Sauce" we found a winner. The bar area plays iconic Italian movies such as The Godfather and is comfortable enough for tables of 2 or 4 to eat in without feeling over-crowded. The main dining area is good for larger parties and has a good noise level. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and were seated without waiting (we had a reservation, which is highly recommended). Now to the food. The menu has many choices to please everyone. We tried the meatball appetizer which was amazing, and the long-hot peppers, followed by a nice chopped salad. Then came the "Sunday sauce". The portion was large, the gravy was outstanding- not salty, and the meat was moist & tender. The homemade pasta was cooked perfectly. It was a ten.
We can't wait to go back and try everything else.

1 Thank Carolyn M
“Amazing Food and Service”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I went here Saturday night for our 6th wedding anniversary. We recently had our second child and this was our first night out alone. We had an 8 o'clock reservation, but had headed to Asbury early to walk around. It was a chilly night so we ended up heading over to the restaurant around 7:40 figuring we would sit at the bar for a bit if our table wasn't ready. We were seated immediately on the bar side of the restaurant. It was a bit noisy, but in a fun lively way. A gentleman came over immediately with water and bread. The three spreads they served with the three different types of bread were amazing. I especially enjoyed the olive tapenade and my husband the roasted garlic olive oil. My husband and I started with the burrata appetizer (a special that evening.) We were given a very generous portion of burrata (mozzarella made with cream as opposed to milk), toast points, olives and prosciutto. It was spectacular and I ate far too much of it.

For our entree I had the Mediterranean Bouillabaisse. It was spectacular. The broth was delicious, the portion of seafood generous and perfectly cooked. It had two huge shrimp, two giant scallops, a large portion of tile fish, four nice size clams and a nice portion of lobster. As I had indulge a bit too much in the appetizer, I hardly put a dent in my entree, but brought it home. My mother and I shared the leftovers the next day. Not only was the portion so generous it was two meals, the leftovers were nearly as delicious.

My husband had the porterhouse. I laughed out loud at the review that called it a mini-porterhouse. This steak was huge. My husband has a hearty appetite and was only able to eat the strip steak side of it. He ordered it medium and it was cooked to the perfect temperature. Being our anniversary, he offered me the first bite. It was out of this world. $60 does seem like a splurge for a steak, but if you are going to splurge you want it to be amazing and that is how this was. I only hoping he is willing to share his leftovers!

The dessert menu looked amazing, but there was no room left! I look forward to trying something in the future.

When it comes to service, it was spot on. I feel badly I do not remember my server's name, but he was wonderful. He explained the specials and steak perfectly and was very forthcoming with the prices. The man was bussing kept our table clean, water glasses full and bread basket filled. As I stated before, I ate very little of my delicious entree at the restaurant and my server kindly expressed concern about my satisfaction about the meal. I assured him that it was delicious. Likewise, the owner came and simply asked me what else he could get me from the kitchen. This really struck me as good business. His concern was purely my satisfaction. I again assured him that my meal was perfection.

Bottom line: My husband and I don't go out to dinner alone often. With two children, we certainly do not splurge often. This was the perfect treat and celebration for our anniversary! Thank you again!

1 Thank GraceAnnsMomma
“Exceptional food and service!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Finally a place in New Jersey with great food! I absolutely love it here. The menu is extensive with a list of specials that make choosing that much harder. I was glad that I went with a large group so we were able to order many appetizers and share. The wine list is impressive. I loved the meatballs (which I would not normally eat outside of my own house). We had the 4 cheese agnolotti in a brown butter sauce which was delicious. The pasta in foil was one of the best pastas i have ever eaten. I had the angry lobster as my main and I absolutely loved it. It had a perfect amount of spice to it. My friends had the Mero and another had the rack of lamb which both looked wonderful and they had great things to say about it. I loved the zeppoles and the pistachio ice cream dessert.

Overall it was a wonderful experience. The owner was very gracious and came over to the table to ask us if everything was to our liking. As you can tell from my review I think you know what my answer was. Lol

Looking forward to going back soon!