“EXCEPTIONAL WITH "NO OFF DAYS"”

Brando's Citi Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Brando's Citi Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 128 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

As a frequent customer at Brando's, I feel passionate about saying nothing in life is perfect, but Brando's always achieves excellence in every aspect of dining, and there is never an "off" day. The staff at Brando's is professionally trained, and sincerely educates the customer on the menu offerings. The girl that handles the water and bread takes the role very seriously, and quite attentive to the preferences of the customer. Every meal is amazing, and I have tried a broad selection of entrees, but find the dinner specials always spectacular. My favorite desert is the ricotta cheesecake for two, and always delighted to have some to take home. The pistachio ice cream cake with carmel sauce is my other favorite, and is too good to share! Always look forward to dining at Brando's, and have taken my family and business guests knowing the experience is reliable. The owner personally checks on every table, adding attention to the experience without being too much. As I said, nothing is perfect, but Brando's always hits the benchmark of excellence. Certainly the best restaurant in Asbury Park as well as the Jersey Shore in my opinion.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a last minute idea as we were walking by one night around 5pm. It was empty at that time so we had the whole place to ourselves. The food was delicious. We would definitely go back for a real date night.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went to dinner with my best friend on a Friday night in December. I had never been here before but I definitely want to go back. Our server was very informed about the wine and the menu. He was able to make some great suggestions. The appetizer that we shared was the truffle polenta, a recommendation from a friend. Wow! I am not a mushroom fan but this was AMAZING! For my entree I ordered the Pappardelle Tuscana. It is SPICY and very very good. The pistachio ice cream cake is to die for.

The ambiance is great for couples. Very romantic. I would go back again.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been to Brandos many times with friends and each time had an excellent experience. This past saturday night I took my boyfriend to celebrate his birthday. When we arrived the restaurant and bar were packed. we had a drink at the bar because our table was not quite ready. A few minutes later we were taken to our table, which was in a perfect spot (very quiet corner). The waiter, Justin was immediately very attentive and greeted us warmly. My boyfriend ordered the filet mignon and I had the peasant shrimp. Our food was served in a timely fashion. The steak was excellent, cooked just right. The shrimp was a little spicy, but overall very good. The owner, Steven came by our table twice throughout the evening to make sure everything was to our satisfaction (a very nice touch). He offered us an after dinner drink, which was a nice gesture. We were not rushed as we sat for at lease 2 hours and had an overall great experience. I will contine to dine at Brandos and also feel confident to recommend to others.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Have been to Brandos about 7 times now. Overall the food has been very good, with an occasional miss. Last Sunday evening unfortunately included a miss. We started off with the
agnolotti appetizer which was one of the nightly specials. These were stuffed with chestnuts
and marscapone, covered with a butter sauce and were absolutely delicious. For main courses we had the garlic shrimp and the veal chop fuoco. The shrimp dish was excellent, both the shrimp and risotto were perfectly cooked. But sadly the veal chop was one of those things were you just couldn't imagine how the same cook, with the same palate could have prepared the other dishes. The veal chop itself was cooked to perfection and delicious. But then they poured a watery sauce, featuring RAW GARLIC over it. Actually, it was more like a watery, raw salsa because it also had diced tomato in it. The plate was swimming in thin liquid, not at all flavorful and the raw garlic pieces were huge, half the size of pennies and lots of them. One would think that in cooking 101 you'd learn not to serve big pieces of raw garlic and certainly it doesn't belong over the top of a beautifully cooked veal chop. I guess we could have sent it back, but not wanting to wait for it to be fixed, it was easier just to eat the veal and try to ignore the weird sauce. We left wondering if this was a mistake or just the way they serve it. If the latter, then it should be pointed out on the menu. The menu only indicated that it featured long hot peppers, there was no mention of garlic at all. Imagine what this dish could be with a port wine demi-glace. Ended the evening with espresso and cappuccino, both of which were excellent. Service throughout the meal was excellent.