“Reassurred”

Ranked #29 of 122 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Freshly prepared Italian meals, BYOB (nearby liquor store), Catering, Parties
Bradley Beach, New Jersey
“Reassurred”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Belmonte's has been a favorite of ours for several years. After reading the mixed reviews from other Trip Advisor diners, we worried that something unfortunate had happened. We decided that we needed to check it out for ourselves so we went with friends on a Friday night for dinner.

The restaurant was 75% filled when we got there so that was a good sign. Our dinners were delicious! Everything was prepared well with lovely presentations. My husband thought he had too much chicken in his dish but other than that, everything was just right. (He got to take some of his meal home so all was well with that!)

We are happy and relieved to know that Belmonte's is still going strong and it will remain one of our favorites.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank NJbeachgirl516

Wall Township, New Jersey
“wonderful”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Went last night with friends, not knowing what to expect. It was a great surprise. The fried calimari appetizer was huge- enough for 3 people. The marinara sauce was terrific. I highly recommend the Shrimp Natalie entree--it was outstanding- a shrimp scampi with lots of garlic and on a bed of spinach. My friends were pleased with their chicken francaise and veal parm. It's a BYOB. Waitstaff were very friendly, informed about the menu and helpful. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited November 2013
New York City, New York
“Won't Go Back”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Mondays and Thursdays are half price pasta nights at this restaurant. Because of the 1/2 price it gets crowded. Actually for the price (1/2) that's all the pasta is worth in the first place. The pasta dishes we had were poor quality. I had the Cavatelli with broccoli rabe and sausage with garlic and oil. It was extremely dry and tasteless. My friend had the Ravioli bolognese which was swimming in sauce.........Can't understand what the attraction is here. I must say the service was the worst!!!

Freehold, New Jersey
“Good Italian food.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

While not a standout in food and service, one could do worse. Belmonte's is a small trattoria located on Cookman Avenue in Asbury Park. The offerings were standard fare and plentiful. We were able to take advantage of the half price pasta offer that is available on Mondays and Thursdays. Reservations are recommended for these nights but other nights you can just walk in. The other advantage is the BYOB. This does cut down on the total price, making for a very economical evening out.

New York City, New York
“Shame on Frieda”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was at the restaurant last night for the first time. My first impression, I thought the lady named Frieda was very rude, unprofessional and obnoxious. I witnessed her and the staff to be friendly only to repeating customers which made me feel quite uncomfortable, and not welcomed. If it weren't for the fact that the restaurant was recommended, and that I love pasta, I would've went somewhere else on Cookman Avenue. I also noticed that not everyone who brought in a bottle of wine received a chilled wine holder, they only catered to their repeating customers, and totally ignored the bottle of wine on the table. I thought the food was very good. Although, the service was so lousy and so dissapointing, but because I enjoyed the food I will give them another try. Maybe this time around things will be different. Hopefully they pay attention to reviews.