“Won't Go Back”

Ranked #29 of 129 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Freshly prepared Italian meals, BYOB (nearby liquor store), Catering, Parties
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Mondays and Thursdays are half price pasta nights at this restaurant. Because of the 1/2 price it gets crowded. Actually for the price (1/2) that's all the pasta is worth in the first place. The pasta dishes we had were poor quality. I had the Cavatelli with broccoli rabe and sausage with garlic and oil. It was extremely dry and tasteless. My friend had the Ravioli bolognese which was swimming in sauce.........Can't understand what the attraction is here. I must say the service was the worst!!!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

While not a standout in food and service, one could do worse. Belmonte's is a small trattoria located on Cookman Avenue in Asbury Park. The offerings were standard fare and plentiful. We were able to take advantage of the half price pasta offer that is available on Mondays and Thursdays. Reservations are recommended for these nights but other nights you can just walk in. The other advantage is the BYOB. This does cut down on the total price, making for a very economical evening out.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was at the restaurant last night for the first time. My first impression, I thought the lady named Frieda was very rude, unprofessional and obnoxious. I witnessed her and the staff to be friendly only to repeating customers which made me feel quite uncomfortable, and not welcomed. If it weren't for the fact that the restaurant was recommended, and that I love pasta, I would've went somewhere else on Cookman Avenue. I also noticed that not everyone who brought in a bottle of wine received a chilled wine holder, they only catered to their repeating customers, and totally ignored the bottle of wine on the table. I thought the food was very good. Although, the service was so lousy and so dissapointing, but because I enjoyed the food I will give them another try. Maybe this time around things will be different. Hopefully they pay attention to reviews.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've somehow missed this spot in downtown AP, until tonight. Happened to walk in at about 7:30 and was able to get a deuce immediately (lucky?). Nice warm bread served at table, pear salad appetizer and pappardelle entrée (with shrimp, asparagus and mushrooms). Came out piping hot, and was quite delicious.

Didn't know they didn't have a liquor license so didn't come prepared with my own bottle of wine, but there is a nearby liquor store if you're so inclined.

Service was good and 1/2 price Monday & Thursday increases its value.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

This place was highly recommended. I found the experience appalling. First the hostess asked if we could be done in an hour because she had a party coming in then with a reservation. I should have left. It went downhill from there. Never going back! Over priced.

1  Thank Revierev