“Delizioso in Downtown”

Ranked #30 of 125 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Freshly prepared Italian meals, BYOB (nearby liquor store), Catering, Parties
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This Italian restaurant's location on Cookman is right in the Asbury Park newly renovated downtown area. Street parking only, but we all found space - make sure you feed the meters. We had a Saturday night dinner to celebrate a special occasion (three couples). The restaurant is quaint with decent restaurant layout and decor. We had fish and chicken dishes for our main courses and a couple of different appetizers/salads - all ala carte. My Tilapia was quite good and I also tasted two differently prepared Salmon dishes - both very good also. The fish was all fresh and all of the dishes looked attractive. Everyone at the table said their food was very good and several of us are fairly discerning about food quality and preparation. They also had some of the classic Italian dishes for those that like that kind of thing. The restaurant is a BYOB, and that's something we like - always a plus to bring wines that are better quality than you can buy at the restaurant. The only negatives were the ala cart pricing pushed up the overall price when you add a simple salad to your meal. And, the restaurant got a bit noisy as it filled-up - not the worst, but not the best when you're trying to have a conversation. The restaurant menu advertised 1/2 off specials weeknights, but we were there on the weekend. I'd recommend this as an upscale Italian restaurant in Asbury Park - mangiare deliziosi!

1  Thank corptool

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We ate dinner here on a Saturday night around 7pm. I found the place crowed and noisy when we arrived. Our server was friendly, but seemed to take forever to return and take our order. We ordered a Caesar salad that was a special for the day. When the salad arrived it looked good but the dressing was not even close to a real Caesar dressing. Although there was more than enough shaved parmesan cheese to top it off. For dinner I ordered the Salmon Pave, rare. When my dinner arrived about a 40 minutes later it looked good but so did the salad. After my first taste I thought wow this is really good, the salmon was done perfectly rare and the vegetable risotto it was sitting on was also very good. Their prices are a little higher than your average Italian restaurant.Don't forget to bring your own wine.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Excellent food with genuinely friendly and likeable staff - will definitely come back

Richard
Hong Kong

Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Delicious food. Good price on the half price pasta night. Service good but stretched and therefore non-esistent.

Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Heard all the hype so I finally tried it, very disappointed.
When I made the reservation I was told they were booked but they would fit us in..very nice. When we arrived there were 6 people...the place was empty. When we left there were 10 people eatting!
Clams casino...not sure there were any clams..just breading.
Pasta over cooked in a watery sauce, veal capricosa was a ton of salad on a tiny piece of veal..not a pounded veal chop.
One and done for me.