“Great hidden gem”

Paranormal Books and Curiosities
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Asbury Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Paranormal Books & Curiosities is proud to host The Paranormal Museum (located adjacent to the bookshop). The Paranormal Museum is a small, storefront museum, in the tradition of "Roadside America" attractions. It houses a collection of historical and educational exhibits that explore the unexplained myths, legends and folklore that permeate our culture, dot our history books and continue to defy explanation in our world, despite all the advances of science and modern technology.The Paranormal Museum was created for the purpose of exploring those mysteries that remain in our modern world of science and reason. It is a showcase of all that exists in the borderland betwixt imagination and reality. The exhibits featured in the Museum bring to life the myths, legends, folklore and superstitions through genuine artifacts and artful interpretations. Visitors to the Museum are invited to explore the real life history and diverse culture woven into the fabric of each unsolved paranormal mystery. In the end, it is up to each of us to decide what is a fantasy and what could be truly possible.What is "paranormal" exactly? Paranormal is a term that encompasses everything in our world which lacks true definition. A dictionary explains it as "events that can not be readily explained, by known conventional reasons and/or commonly accepted science". Exhibits:Timeline of the Paranormal- From ancient days to yesterday, paranormal events have been recorded, learn of the most exciting and most mysterious...The Jersey Devil- Fact? Fiction? Something in between? Vampires...Werewolves..A spirit contained in a cauldron...All of these wonders are currently on display. We are not The Met, we are The Paranormal Museum. For Ghost Tours at the Jersey Shore check out our Ghosts and Legends of Asbury Park Walking Tour with Paranormal Books & Curiosities! Explore secrets of the Jersey Shore with a lantern-led walk through Asbury Park's historic downtown district. Travel back through history to witness the birth of the city, visit the scene of a ghastly crime and uncover the truth behind some of Asbury Park's most infamous ghosts. All tours feature local legend, history as well as results from Paranormal BC hands on ghosthunting expeditions. These tours do require a reservation, make yours today!
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Visited the museum this past August with my friends who are into the paranormal. We loved that it was only $5 for the museum. The display area is very small and not a grand museum. You need to take your time and read all the displays because there are quite a few interesting things that you would miss. The entrance has werewolf and vampire information,Mothman display, Jersey Devil artifacts(very interesting), and even the real haunted Alice doll from the movie The Conjuring! Yes, she is in glass and CREEPY ! Bloody Mary, real possession stories,and artifacts from VooDoo ceremonies from NJ were also on display. Those artifacts were donated by the police which is scary,creepy! The bookstore side has interesting trinkets and a great selection of books. Purchase the Haunted Asbury book for $10,worth the quick read. I am so anxious for the weather to clear up so I may go on a haunted walk. Really was hoping the Haunted Pub Tour started up again however, they told me Sandy wiped them out. We liked the psychic as well. We will return,we have been back 2-3 times already .

2  Thank TChopper
"holds"
"boardwalk"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Fun and funky place to visit and shop. The Museum is a cool little place and worth a look. The Ghost Tours are awesome!!!

1  Thank Antiqlvr
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this place. The museum is so interesting and the walking tours are even better. So when my husband and I got the chance to attend a séance, I couldn't have been more excited! It was one of the most interesting experiences my husband and I have ever had. I tell anybody I meet to go check out Paranormal Books and Curiosities. I love this place!!!

2  Thank Andrea-Brick
Reviewed November 25, 2013

So far I have been on 3 paranormal investigations with Paranormal Books and Curiosities. Each one of them have been an amazing experience with some weird stuff happening. Each of the times I attended was at Eastern State Penitentiary. Prior to this, I was a skeptic and questioned whether or not the "ghost hunting" shows on TV were real or a set up. Even if the stuff on TV was set up, I can attest to having some very unusual experiences at Eastern State!

I have also visited the Paranormal Museum only to be humbled that the first investigation I was on, the evidence that we captured on video of my flashlight going on and off in response to questions was being shown (thank you!) There was also a ton of interesting stuff inside the museum that I never even knew existed (again thank you!)

If you are ever in the area, be sure to stop by this place or have a chance to do an investigation with this group, do it! They are a really great group and bunch of people in which I have made a lot of friends through.

1  Thank Brian K