“You better be young, beautiful, rich, or something, to go here!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Watermark

Watermark
Ranked #12 of 119 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Asbury's premier beachfront gathering spot. Part sophisticated drinkery and tapas bar, part music lounge and social club, Watermark's environment is contemporary yet comfortable, refined yet relaxed, upscale yet inclusive.
Staten Island NY
“You better be young, beautiful, rich, or something, to go here!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I've held off writing this review for a couple of weeks until I cooled off about it. Strolled there early on a lovely weeknight evening in September seeking a casual cocktail & appetizer on their very beautiful, elevated deck setting overlooking the beach. Stood at the hostess stand for 10 minutes and was totally ignored by 4 employees who were socializing. Finally flagged a bus boy who told me to take a seat and a server would be "right over." Since it was early and I was looking for casual, I took a seat at "the rail" and not the more sophisticated seating that would be filling in, in perhaps an hour? And I waited. Of the 4 employees who were socializing at the bar, one came over to the large party sitting to my right (after I arrived) at "the rail" and took their drink order. Once it was delivered to them, at least another 15 minutes had gone by in total and I was still ignored. Needless to say I got up and left.

There's at least one other reviewer (Supermom 1975) on Trip Advisor, who received similar treatment. What a shame, I looked forward to sampling their tapas and would have liked to give them a great review. Apparently they don't want nor need it. A "local" told me the next day that the owner would not be pleased. I didn't follow up. Obviously she or some type of management needs to be there.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DebonAir42
andyhack, Owner at Watermark, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
We're sorry that you had this experience. We appreciate your feedback - and would like to make it up to you. If you could please connect with Russell Lewis on (917) 673-6227 at your convenience.

Guttenberg, New Jersey
“What a Wedding!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

When my fiancé Beth and I were looking for a place to have our civil union reception, we were recommended (urged!) by friends to check out Watermark. Located on the boardwalk, over looking the ocean in Asbury Park, each aspect of this modern, yet cozy atmosphere did not disappoint!! Working with proprietor Russell, we were able to craft each detail to fit our needs and budget. From the courteous staff, to the delicious food, exotic and tasty top shelf cocktails, to the views and seating- we had the most beautiful wedding we could have imagined! Our guests were equally satisfied and still regard it as one if the best, (for some THE best) weddings they ever attended! Russell and the staff even made sure 2 of our handicapped guests made it safely up the stairs despite the freight elevator not working. We would highly recommend Watermark for your next occasion! If you want a memorable experience combining the beauty of the sea, and the elegance of a cosmopolitan atmosphere, this is the place for you...by the way, we will be returning each year for our anniversary! Loved it! Thank you Russell and staff!

4 Thank carolynknievel
Orlando, Florida
“Great Wedding Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Beautiful backdrop for a ceremony. Great food and a friendly professional staff make this an ideal location for a wedding. We attended one there and were very impressed.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Gordon R
Brick, New Jersey
“Great Food and Drinks, But Loud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Enjoyed the food (especially the cheese plate) and the service was great. But it really was too loud for the late 30 something crowd.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FPiers
Oakhurst, nj
“Great Oceanfront Spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had some great appetizers and drinks with some friends. The place is very comfortable and would certainly return.

Visited May 2012