“Closed or under renovations...?”
Review of Sethery Bogarts Freehouse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sethery Bogarts Freehouse
Neptune, NJ
“Closed or under renovations...?”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The last time I drove by, it was dark and there was no furniture inside...I assumed that they had closed, but suppose it's possible that they are renovating. Call and check before you go!

Visited April 2013

Ocean Grove, New Jersey
“Ok food but expensive”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Service was ok, food was nothing special, a little tasteless but the cost was high. Wont go back again

Visited March 2012
North Jersey
“Expensive for the sake of being Expensive”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We took my mother-in-law here for her 60th bday. She is Greek and it's her favorite type of food. The atmosphere was basic. We were the only customers and we ate outside. The waiter was very nice and attentive. I was suprised that a resturaunt was so dead in Asbury during the summer. But after reading other reviews, I see that this is not so uncommon for this restaurant. There were 4 of us, and our bill was $166 before tip. We ordered two appetizers, 4 entrees, 1 mojito and shared 1 desert. My mother in law had some fish with Greek potatoes. I did not try it but she said it was excellent. My sister in law had the lobster Raviolli. I did try this - it was ok but not the best i have tasted. My husband had a NY strip medium well. It was on the dry side and not very well seasoned. I had grilled chicken and veggies. I felt like my chicken had a little after taste. I only ate half. Then soon after dinner I was very sick. For the apps, we had a mixed platter with different sauces, veggies and pita for dipping. This was very good but i thought small for the price. And a traditional Greek salad. For desert, we had something I had never had before. It was like an egg custard with coconut on the bottom and crushed pistachios on top. I felt the desert and the apps were the best thing we ate. I will not be comming here again becuase I just didnt get the value.

• Visited August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good food, but pricey for what it is”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We chose this place based on a prix fixe offer on their website but were told they don't honor that when we arrived. Scallop and fish entrees very good but not great. They use more oil than we prefer. Main issue is value.

Visited June 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Should have been on the show Restaurant Nightmares.”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We were headed to Porta in Asbury Park (amazing food by the way) but had a 2 1/2 hour wait. Decided to try Synaxis because we love authentic Greek food. We walk in and there are legitimately at least 10 tables open. They ask us if we have a reservation. Do we need one? For a Saturday night the place was dead! They say it will just be a minute so we go sit down at the bar. 35 minutes later we decide to order at the bar because no one was offering us to sit. Sent 2 different kinds of beer back because the beer was sour and the tap was bad. Tried to serve us spoiled wine! We ended up having sliders that took an hour to come out when the place wasn't the least bit busy. Was $40 for 6 small sliders. The service sucked, the atmosphere sucked and the food and drinks made me contemplate if the health department has been in there within the past year?! I almost was scared to eat the food worried about food poisoning considering they had bad beers on tap and wines that had probably been open for 2 months and went bad! Don't ever waste your time or money on that disgusting dump. Go to Porta, Toast, Brick Wall, Fish... Any place would be better than this.

1 Thank Jskubs