“Excellent dining experience”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Avenue
Reviewed July 7, 2014

On a rainy day from Tropical storm Arthur we ventured out to Asbury Park for lunch. We ate a fantastic meal at McLoones Asbury Grill. My son said he had the best hamburger ever, I had the ahi tuna salad drizzled with a balsamic vinegar which was out of this world. Refreshments were great as well. All of this while sitting watching the ocean view.. The pricing was reasonable and the service was excellent. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Since we wanted to eat outside on the boardwalk there was a 45 minute weight according to hostess even thought I saw plenty of table that they could have shuffled around to accommodate our group of 8. So they took our number and said they will call us as soon as table open up, after 30 minutes we decided to check on them and guess what there only 4 or so table are occupied and the rest of outside is empty and they did not even bother to call us while they knew we had kids. I did not care for that. The waitress was nice and took our orders fast, but everything after that was strange. Every item that came out was either salty or too plain, kids mac n cheese was so watered down that it was actually uneatable, my daughters marinara obviously was from microwave and the bottom was ice cold. My burger was just ok, the seafood platter perhaps was the best item we ordered. One of my friends ordered tuna and it seemed to be done in a right way and he was happy and another friend ordered steak and she said it was just ok. The sangria was pretty good.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Service was great, but didnt think the food had too much flavor; thought it was a bit pricey for the area;

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went on a restaurant tour of Asbury recently and McLoone's was one of them.
The food they served was delicious. The watermelon salsa was so good. I never
thought that I would like something like that, but I was really impressed. It's right on
the boardwalk, so it's a great location.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

we went the first night of the new menu and it was great --attentive service by the waitress as well. burger was great and we also had the watermelon salad. the chip appetizer was amazing. great views of the ocean if you can sit in side or on the boardwalk. highly recommend!