“Good Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of McLoone's Asbury Grille

McLoone's Asbury Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
McLoone's Asbury Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 119 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Avenue
Phoenix
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Came here on a Sunday hoping for happy hour only to learn they only have happy hour M-F. Oh well. We stayed for a glass of wine and ordered the spinach dip which was very good. Had an adorable young waitress who was very attentive. Nice inside. I remember when this used to be Howard Johnson's.

• Visited April 2014

New Jersey
“Overpriced and underwhelming”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Positives: Our waitress was attentive without being intrusive; unobstructed view of stage. Negatives: Food - There was not one person in our party of 4 who enjoyed their meal. Between us we ordered calamari and a mushroom appetizer included in the price of the Valentine's weekend special menu, 3 entrees (mushroom & spinach fettucine, shrimp fettucine, lamp chops), and an avocado caprese salad with shrimp), and 4 glasses of wine. One pasta dish was tasteless - as if the kitchen forgot add seasoning, the other saw the pasta overcooked. Lamb chops were drenched in a forgettable sauce, the shrimp on the caprese salad were charred to the point of almost being inedible. As kind as our waitress was, when the show started there seemed to be no way to get the attention of a server to address our issues. We left almost $400 poorer - feeling ripped off, annoyed, and unsatisfied.
Atmosphere: Definitely a cheesy, not refined, supper club - from the ridiculously poor video system to the plastic plants. Made me feel like I was in a Poconos/Catskills resort night club I remember from my youth.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Waretown, New Jersey
“GREAT food view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Went to dinner with a friend, wanted to try something different, so we just walked on in! Place looks nice, Waitress wasn't that friendly or welcoming. The food was wonderful, great portions. Beautiful view, but while looking out the windows, I noticed how old & shabby they really were, but you wouldn't notice that unless you REALLY looked. It's the old Howard Johnson's, and being right on the ocean, I'm sure the windows & hardware are the first to rust. I'd definitely go back, and I most definitely recommend this place, but I certainly hope next time I get a nicer server.

Visited October 2013
Wayne, NJ
“Good Choice Before Concerts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

My friends and I go to McLoone's Asbury Grille when we attend shows at the Paramount or Stone Pony. The menu isn't quite as extensive as it used to be, but the quality of the food is always good. My friends and I all ordered a chicken meal, which was one of the more affordable and healthy options on the menu. It was very good. I am a member of the McLoone's dining club and it has also provided some benefits not offered by other restaurants. If you can get a table near a window on the ocean side, the view is very nice. Service is usually very good. Only complaint is that the bathroom isn't always up to snuff and the staff should check the conditions of the bathroom more frequently. This can be a crowded place with a lot of traffic, and the bathrooms should be maintained a little better.

• Visited January 2014
Princeton, New Jersey
“Southwest bean burger for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I'd travel far for the southwest bean burger. Very good, not many places have this. Other than that, the menu is overpriced for the offerings IMO. Great place to stop for a drink and an appy before a show at the Convention Hall.

• Visited June 2013