“Good Food with an Ocean View”

McLoone's Asbury Grille
Ranked #25 of 121 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Avenue
Brooklyn, New York
“Good Food with an Ocean View”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've been here recently for lunch. Its a great spot to go to if you're having a day at the beach and you want something more than usual beach fare. Went with a few friends, and I had a turkey burger which was juicy and tasty with avocado. My friends had the pulled pork sandwich and a lobster grilled cheese special. Both were delicious. The fries were a little soggy, but my deliciously dry and cold vodka martini made up for that hiccup. I see some reviews complaining about the cost but I think that's part of the price for having a beautiful ocean view and a view of all the visitors to the boardwalk and beach as one sits and sips their cocktail.

Kearny
“RIP OFF! Use only as last resort for food in asbury.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Let me start by saying that the food itself was not terrible. I was not even going to write this bad review opting instead to contact the restaurant head office directly however there is no one to email or call listed on the web site. We went there primarily for ocean view. We sat inside as all outside tables were full. The inside was only half full but tables were not set up. The seater looked like she just came off the beach..dressed slobily with tattoos on shoulder present ( fine but not for fine dining) she later came by table with broom and dust pan to clean floor as we were eating!!! Menu is very limited and overpriced for quality and presentation of food. I had crab cake..came with a few sprigs of lettuce that were not only wilted but starting to get slimy as old greens due..there was ( I am not kidding) 1/16 of a teaspoon of some sauce smeared on plate.. I asked server what it was she actually laughed and said "oh my god" she then brought back a tarter type sauce in a small ramekin. Kids meals were greasy and tiny! Burgers ok. The meal was $107 for very little food .Also the service was poor. They brought out 1 kid meal 20 minutes before rest of table (including other kid meal was served) Could have gotten better at a diner for half the price. I will not go back to any of there establishments. Wish I could speak to them directly.

• Visited August 2013
rochester ny
“Good food but a bit pricey”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our party of two enjoyed our food and drinks, but sitting on the boardwalk was the best part. The food tasted good, but was a bit pricey for the portion. We did see one party get up and leave because they didn't get serviced.

New York
“Some salty, some bland”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

It's been a year since we ate here. My memory of the place is that the menu was more varied, less expensive and the food tasted better. Most entrees, if not all, were above $25, which is a bit steep for what we got, if you ask me. My little-neck clams appetizer was soaked in a very salty, strongly alcoholic broth that was otherwise tasteless. (I hate food that is disguised by salt.) For the kids, we ordered the McCloone's Mac & Cheese, as opposed to the Kraft Mac & Cheese, which is also on the kid's menu. It was really disappointing, especially since we expected something superior to Kraft. Nothing but a big bowl of penne with some bland sauce that didn't taste like cheese. We normally take leftovers home (especially when there's so much of it) but tonight we didn't bother.

I want to be supportive of all Asbury Park businesses post-Sandy. But I really feel that this place has taken a turn for the worse. It was disappointing. I hope they turn things around, work on the menu. On the upside, we've had worse service at this McLoone's in the past (slow service as some other reviewers mentioned). Nothing to complain about on the service front tonight.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had lunch here recently and was very pleasantly surprised. We ate inside to get out of the heat for a bit and found a very extensive menu with healthy options. The salads are excellent as well as the turkey avocado wrap. Nice and clean atmosphere. I would highly suggest a stop here.

Visited July 2013