“Nice food lousy service”

McLoone's Asbury Grille
Ranked #23 of 122 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY
“Nice food lousy service”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had a $50.00 Gift Card. With my mother and sister decided to eat here. First problem we ordered app. No apps arrived.
Second problem, my sister ordered a salad hold the walnuts. You guess it, walnuts were in the salad.
I asked for no potato but another side instead, Never received the side.

Extremely limited menu, about six entries.

Would not recommend.

Farmingdale
“Nice place but food and drink not so good”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Have been there a few times for different events. Saw a nice show last night. Ordered apps that were not very good in fact I couldn't eat it (and I eat everything). Wouldn't serve a particular beer they had in the downstairs bar to us upstairs until I said I did not want anything to drink. After I did get the beer I wanted I then ordered a $13 margarita. It came warm and took about 15 minutes to get some ice. It should have been remade. Don't mind paying high prices if I get good stuff but I was not too impressed. Would go back to see a show again, but won't be ordering too much.

Sussex, New Jersey
“Ok food, slow service”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food wasn't anything special and was a bit pricey given the location. The service was slow which is a big negative when eating with 2 toddlers. My husband ended up cancelling his lunch since he had an app and taking the kids outside since it was taking too long for our entrees. We noticed other customers received their entrees well before our table even though we were seated when the dining room was not busy.

Visited June 2013
Clarksville, Tennessee
“McLoones - great place for a meal.”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

A great place for lunch while visiting the boardwalk. I had a great burger and onion rings. Wife had a nice wrap and salad. I would recommend it highly.

Visited June 2013
New Jersey
“Wanted it to be Better”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I went to McLoone's earlier this week for pre-dinner cocktails. The atmosphere is very nice, and the bartender was friendly and made a really good martini. A couple of days later, I was on the beach and was looking at TA for lunch recommendations. The Langosta Lounge receives many good reviews, so I walked there. Unfortunately, they were closed. Even though McLoone's gets rather poor reviews for food, I decided to try it anyway based on its convenient location and beach view.

I waited quite a while for the waitress to take my order and my mojito was probably the worst I've ever had. It tasted like club soda with a touch of mint. There was no rum or lime flavor to be found. I ordered two appetizers for lunch - the avocado caprese and the hummus trio. Both were pretty good, but nothing special. Plus, my lunch took a while to come out and the woman who brought it to me (not my waitress) was very unfriendly.

McLoone's is in a great location and, if they could only get their staff and food more consistent, this place could be fantastic.