“McLoones - great place for a meal.”

McLoone's Asbury Grille
Ranked #32 of 123 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Avenue
Reviewed June 19, 2013

A great place for lunch while visiting the boardwalk. I had a great burger and onion rings. Wife had a nice wrap and salad. I would recommend it highly.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I went to McLoone's earlier this week for pre-dinner cocktails. The atmosphere is very nice, and the bartender was friendly and made a really good martini. A couple of days later, I was on the beach and was looking at TA for lunch recommendations. The Langosta Lounge receives many good reviews, so I walked there. Unfortunately, they were closed. Even though McLoone's gets rather poor reviews for food, I decided to try it anyway based on its convenient location and beach view.

I waited quite a while for the waitress to take my order and my mojito was probably the worst I've ever had. It tasted like club soda with a touch of mint. There was no rum or lime flavor to be found. I ordered two appetizers for lunch - the avocado caprese and the hummus trio. Both were pretty good, but nothing special. Plus, my lunch took a while to come out and the woman who brought it to me (not my waitress) was very unfriendly.

McLoone's is in a great location and, if they could only get their staff and food more consistent, this place could be fantastic.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

After a walk on the boards we stopped by just for a look see and the hostess said that they are having a brunch buffet and you can take a look if you'd like. We went to see what the offerings were and it didn't look too bad, so we decided to give it a try. For $19.95 pp, the brunch came with a juice and coffee or tea. The juice was served in a glass full of ice and the luke warm water for the tea was served in a tall clear glass mug with a spoon in it. We went to the omelet station and told the cook how we wanted our omelets made. He then turned around and took a cloth towel off of the window sill and proceeded to wipe out the pans .I looked at my husband in disbelief and I know now that this was a sign that we should have just walked out then!!!
How bad can a brunch be? This be it !!!
The quality of the food was sub par and service was poor at best.
Later that night at home we both ran for a bathroom and brunch be gone!!!
I think we both had some kind of food poisoning. This is the only food we had all day besides a cup of tea and toast at home.
We ate here on June 9,2013.

2  Thank JerseyShoreGal57
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We were seated immediately. After waiting over 15 minutes with just our menus, we left. We were totally ignored. Menus were closed. No reason not to at least offer us water or take our drink order. Avoid McClooones.

1  Thank NJTodd
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After a long drive to Asbury Park, four of us walked to the beach from our hotel and wandered into this restaurant. We sat at the bar to enjoy a beer and get a sandwich. The bartenders were very friendly and attentive. Our food came out quickly and was fresh and tasty. I tried the Turkey Burger and Mushroom Bisque -- both were excellent. I also had one of their House Bloody Marys -- good stuff.

We were there early in the season, so it wasn't busy at all.

Good place to stop before our concert at The Stone Pony.