“Funky”
Review of Langosta Lounge

Langosta Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Langosta Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 122 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Second Avenue
Description: Langosta Lounge, located on the Asbury Park Boardwalk, boasts vacation-inspired cuisine, creative libations, live music, nightly specials and more. Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week, Langosta Lounge promises to offer a little something for everybody.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a really fun dinner at the Langosta Lounge. Huge variety of choices and both my wife and I were very happy with our seafood selections. View of the water was nice. The atmosphere was a perfect mix of everything we like about the Boardwalk.

1  Thank DrCo

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Thank god for the service. I think her name was Mary Pat. The menu is lame for the Jersey Shore and the wait for the food was long. When the food did come it was cold. The owner of this place needs to really work on what makes a restaurant work. No tomato juice for Bloody Mary's that they advertise as a special for 5$. Weak. I heard they own several places. Maybe they should try one and get it right first.

1  Thank banditoNj
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Langosta Lounge has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants! Their "vacation inspired cuisine" is unlike any other - especially at the Jersey Shore. That area is already saturated with so many Italian, seafood, and Cuban restaurants - Langosta sets itself apart! From the incredible, unique, and fresh salads, and tasty, strong drinks (with many local breweries on tap!), to the short rib Bao Bun (one of my FAVORITES on the menu), there are a lot of flavors and regions to choose from. All delicious!

The menu has changed slightly since the storm - but I think that's what the owner wanted. It's my understanding that the lobster roll (and the like) has been removed because they opened Libby's next door - where you can now find your lobster roll. Some of the Latin-inspired dishes were taken off the menu because Pop's Garage will be opening soon and the Latin dishes will go there.

Service is good, but sometimes spotty. Sometimes a busboy can be attentive with water, but then he disappears. I think the guests would benefit from the wait staff better explaining the menu and it's inspirations - as well as the food runners doing the same when delivering the food to your table. For example: remind me the flavors of the dipping sauces. Tell me about the bed the coco rubbed filet sits on. Don't drop it on the table and leave. Give me the whole experience!

My only advice, somewhat mentioned above, is educate your customer. It is my opinion that Langosta Lounge is unlike any other they'll experience at the Shore. Tell them why. Have the wait staff filled with knowledge about the inspirations/regions of the dishes. Explain that vegetarian and vegan options ARE available. Substitutions can and will be made. They also have Gluten Free options!

Though it's not my place, I would like to address some of the comments other Yelpers have made, so other readers have a clear, full picture because I see that no one from Langosta Lounge has done so.
Someone stated that they only accept cash. That's not true - so I'm unsure which restaurant they were reviewing. They also mentioned about being 50 feet from the beach and "who wants fried foods"?! (ie french fries and sweet potato fries) Have you ever been to Jenkinson's or Seaside?! That's ALL they serve.
The "nice fish dishes, scallop, and calamari" are STILL being served. They have not been replaced.
Someone mentioned that the mac and cheese on the kid's menu is from a box. It does state, on the actual menu, that it's Kraft mac and cheese.

I'm sad to read that not everyone is having the same wonderful meal and dining experience I've had. Consistency is key, Langosta!

1  Thank Nonya B
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Enjoyed a nice lunch on the Asbury boardwalk. Had Moroccan chicken sandwich, wife had sushi, and a couple of drink $60. All with a view of the ocean. Sat outside but the inside looked very trendy and fun. Will go again.

1  Thank NYTravelCouple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The menu was very expensive, which we did not have a problem with because the food sounded top-rate. The fish special (salmon) for $29 was good, but portion was small. My daughter and I ordered a hawaiian style salad which was supposed to come with macademia nuts and chicken. There were no macademia nuts. When we told the waitress, she left for some time. Later she returned and said the chef told her they were in the salads. I assured her there were none. She actually got close to the salad to examine it herself, then asked if I wanted her to bring some nuts. At this point, my daughter was done, and I had a third of the salad left so I said no. She said, "You're not done yet, let me bring you some nuts!" It was pretty embarassing to feel like we were not believed, why would we lie about nuts, and why would the chef swear they were there, etc. Why wouldn't the waitress simply go get some nuts and bring them back? I think the salads were $12, the nuts being the cash part of the salad. It was a pretty ridiculous scene. Anyway, the calamari appetizer was good, but quite small. There are a lot of better places to eat on the boardwalk, we won't be back to the Langosta.