“nice central hotel”
Review of Hotel Condina

Hotel Condina
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Pereira
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel is very well situated in the center of the city and that makes easy to walk to the many restaurants around for dinner and to look around at the activities and shopping offered around by the city

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fannyax

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I found a great deal on this place on booking.com. Only 55,000COP for a single person for the night. It was a great break from travelling in hostals and giving me a little personal space and time.

From the moment I walked in the door, I was treated better then I have been in 5 star hotels. The bellhop immediately took my bags and asked me what I would like to drink. He served me some delicious hot tea. Although they did not speak English very well, they did everything possible to understand and accomadate me. The bellhop was a student learning english and he was happy to practice with me.

He then took all my bags to my room and gave a quick overview of what was available, including a reasonably priced mini bar. The room was modern and clean. The bed was a bit firm, but I slept very well on it.

The bellhop seemed surprised when I offered him a tip, not like the snobby ones who stand their waiting for their money.

The breakfast service was also amazing. I am vegan, and they did everything possible to feed me. They have a beautiful service room.

I heard complaints that you cannot park in front of the hotel (it is a pedestrian street). If you need assistance with your bags, just ask and I am positive they will come down. There are vendors and great food within walking distance.

I would not have paid full price, solely because of my tight travel budget, but for what I actually paid, it was spectacular!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank lacetacular
JUAN CARLOS H, Director General at Hotel Condina, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Kindest regards and best wishes for success in all your activities.

It is a great pleasure to find opinions like yours, which valued all the effort and commitment of our staff for making all our visitors have a pleasant and memorable stay.

Really we work every day to provide an economical option with high quality standards that exceed the expectations of our guests.

Thanks again and we wiil be happy to serve you again on your next trip to the city of Pereira.

JUAN CARLOS HERNANDEZ LOPEZ.
General Manager.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is an elegant hotel that offers spacious and modern rooms. It's located on a busy shopping street, right in the middle of the city center. The good-quality breakfast is included when staying in Hotel Condina.

It's recommendable to check Booking for the most economical rates. I paid about 24 euro for one night, but the next day the price had gone up to approximately 34 euro.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the busy shopping street.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pascaliano
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

This is the best value budget hotel I have stayed in for a long while. Spacious clean room and very friendly staff. Breakfast was reasonable too. The location is central. We originally turned up at the hotel to check it before booking. Chose our room and then we were allowed to use web to book it at half price!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank zchal24
JUAN CARLOS H, Manager at Hotel Condina, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments, we are very pleased that you have perceived the fantastic value for money, that is our main goal and philosophy. All our efforts are aimed at achieving always have comments like yours which encourage us to continue improving every day our services and facilities.

We will be glad to serve you again on your next trip to the city of Pereira.

JUAN CARLOS HERNANDEZ L.
General Manager.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Arrived at the Hotel Location under a torrent rain storm, found that this hotel is in the middle of a pededestrian walk street with no access to vehicles to load or unload passengers or luggage. No one to help with bags, no unbrellas, no atention... Pay one night penalty and left to find more a more sutable hotel... I was wondering if the rent by the hour, that was my impresion...

Worst ever Hotel I seen so far...

Room Tip: Stay Clear of this nightmare
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank travelviper
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The room was clean. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful - like most of Colombia. The street in front of the hotel is closed to vehicle traffic. At night, the street in front of the hotel feels unsafe even though Pereira is a fairly safe city.

During the day, the street in front of and around the hotel is full of people.

My hotel room had the firmest mattress that I have ever slept on. Very uncomfortable.
The room did not have any individual temperature control - but Pereira is a fairly temperate climate.

The bathroom was extremely small. You couldn't stand in front of the sink unless you closed the door. In order to close the door, you had to move over in front of the toilet.
For the price I paid, I was satisfied.

Positives: Clean room. Friendly staff. Wireless internet. Breakfast.
Negatives: Can't pull up to the hotel at night. Street somewhat unsafe. Bed uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Test the comfort of the bed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank plcitv
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed here as for two nights and it was the perfect break from backpacker hostels for not that much more. Clean and comfortable rooms. Modern and great wifi for no charge. Breakfast in bed for free - a luxury that was well appreciated! Staff are nice hit speak Spanish only, though willing to try understand our attempt at Spanish. Good location in terms of shops etc, and quiet for sleeping at night.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank najes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pereira
Hotel Comercial
#5 of 8 in Santa Rosa de Cabal
Hotel Soratama
Hotel Soratama
#6 of 31 in Pereira

Been to Hotel Condina? Share your experiences!