“Its a burger” 4 of 5 bubbles

el corral
Ranked #125 of 1,090 Restaurants in Medellin
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Its a burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

Its a burger chain just like McDonalds or Burger King. I prefer to get a burger from here when I have a craving while in Medellin. They are located all over the city especially in the malls.

• Visited October 2011

Medellin, Colombia
“Great burger - but no longer the best in Medellin!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

El Corral has historically served the best burger in Medellin but now is facing stiff competition from new establishments (such as Firehouse in Calle 9, El Poblado). All the El Corrals are consistent in their quality of serving (pure beef) and quantity. I have never had a bad burger here and this chain was always my place of choice until Firehouse opened.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IrishGuinness1690
Cronulla, Australia
“Best hamburger franchise in Latin America”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

El Corral sells good quality, although obviously industrially produced, hamburgers, with good bread and toppings. Coal broiled burgers are the best choice. The chain has some differentiated restaurants called El Corral Gourmet (I've visited both in Medellin and Bogotá) where burgers are only defeated by Five Guys (2nd) and Chico Hamburger in Sao Paulo.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Lausanne Switzerland
“My favorite Hamburger In Medellin Colombia...and possibly the world.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2008

I travel for business VERY often, which is what brought me to Medellin Colombia. A very close friend of my son (originally from Bogota Colombia now living in Switzerland) told me that what he missed most by leaving Colombia were the hamburgers. To listen to him describe them made me hungry on the spot. As i am from the USA, and knowing that we have some pretty darn good burgers "back home" ourselves, I was a bit skeptical. After telling me the name of the restaurant, and after arriving in Medellin, I was amazed to find an El Corral within two minutes of my hotel. I was there for 16 days for business., and excluding four business dinners, I ate at the El Corral every night. And to my surprize, inside the adjacent shopping mall, I found an up-scale version of this restaurant called the El Corral Gourmet. Excellent choice if you want to have a liesurely meal (in additîon to burgers, great steaks!) and a really good glass of red wine to boot! Simply....is you see an El Corral, do not hesitate for a second. Try it! It will possibly be the best burger you will ever have! Phil Dickerson (Lausanne Switzerland & Richmond Virginia)