“Our Number One in Medellin!”

La Cafetiere de Anita
Ranked #117 of 1,160 Restaurants in Medellin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Panama City, Panama
“Our Number One in Medellin!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

During our ten day stay in Medellin, my husband and I ate in quite a few restaurants - many from the top ten Trip Advisor list. On our last night we were tired and didn't want to go any where far from our hotel. The Desk Clerk recommended La Cafetiere de Anita which was a short walk from our hotel. We absolutely LOVED the place!! Extensive wine list at reasonable prices and fabulous food. We decided on several appetizers in loo of a large dinner. The appetizers were huge and delicious....ravioli with lobster, hot Brie cheese with tomatoes, lettuce hearts with infused pears, hot blue cheese salad and crispy squid. I forded myself to have dessert, cream broulle - omg...I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

On returning to the hotel, I checked TripAdvisor and was stunned that this incredible restaurant was rated number 53!?! How unfair! This was definitely the best meal we had in Medellin and one of the best we've had in recent memory.

If you are in Medellin, I hope you follow my advise and have at least one meal here. Just remember, there is a dress code and shorts are not allowed. A small price to pay for a memorable meal.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank HolyCrossSanPedro

Medellin, Colombia
“Really good”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

It has been 2 years since we were last year and thankfully the standards have not dropped. I had the steak with the béarnaise sauce and my wife had the steak with the blue cheese sauce. Both were served with French fries and a freshly backed small loaf of bread. Everything was delicious and washed down with a glass of merlot. The wine is a very good serving unlike in other restaurants in Medellin. The meal cost COP$133,000 including tip which is pricey by Medellin standards.

• Visited November 2013
Los Angeles, CA
“Would not serve us! And the place was empty.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were on vacation, in shorts. They may have had a dress code -- an understandable thing. But what we were told was we needed a reservation. THE PLACE WAS EMPTY, except for two diners. We explained we were staying at the Affinity, in the same building. They told us, they have no affiliation to the hotel. I again asked, really, we need a reservation? You're empty. The answer was, "I'm sorry." We returned after eating somewhere else, they were still empty. I guess our money wasn't good enough for them.

And if they had a dress code, they could have told us -- instead of telling us we were not welcome. I mean, this place had two customers. Maybe we were the lucky ones and the food is really terrible -- that would explain the lack of customers. That and their rudeness.

Please don't eat at this restaurant. On principle alone. They are snobs. I don't care who you think you are, but we would have spent a good amount of money in this establishment -- their loss obviously. I have to assume they will not be open for much longer with this type of attitude.

I hope Affinity and Novetel Hotels do not send their guests here. If you are staying in these hotels, take a cab and eat somewhere else. Or eat at the mall -- it won't be elegant, but at least you'll be served.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Lola_George
Santa Ana, Costa Rica
“Really nice food in a great setting”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is not the cheapest dining option, but food quality is excellent, as is the service. Free parking on-site

Visited September 2013
Athens, Greece
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very French”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Entrecot unforgettable!
Best in town. Should change decor from time to time. I visit many times a year. May be some live piano, soft music.

• Visited May 2013