“An excellent meal!”

La Provincia
Ranked #4 of 1,336 Restaurants in Medellin
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 23 years after having opened our doors to the city of Medellin, we moved to a new space in the Golden Mile Business Center Dress Code Formal
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We went here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. The place is elegant and is one of the more up-market restaurants in Medellin. We were seated but neither the menu nor drinks arrived so I complained and thereafter we had meticulous attention. The food was delicious – we shared an appetiser, ceviche de camarones. For the main course I had fish and my wife had the pork. The servings were large, looked appetising and tasted delicious. The food presentation was excellent and made you want to start eating as quickly as possible to taste the offerings on show. Initially the service could have been quicker but it dod not spoil our evening – we had a really great time.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

La Provincia is one of the more upscale restaurants in Medellin. It is a very suitable place to bring business associates. The menus are printed in English as well as Spanish, which makes it easier for international guests.
The food was good and in very large portions. Luckily we only ordered a main course (and skipped the appetizers), otherwise we would not have gotten half way through our main course. I had fish, which I normally avoid in Medellin, it was pretty good.
The dessert is also in very large portions - which I think only a very few people would be able to finish. There is plenty to share.
The atmosphere there is nice, if you reserve a table outside or at the balcony it is actually a very romantic place.
There was a large numbers of waitresses, however they did not pay that much attention. Do not wait for the menus, you have to ask for it. The wait for the main course was quite long.

1  Thank CamillaRC
Reviewed May 25, 2011

For a special event or a night just for the two of you, La Provincia will provide upscale surroundings and good service, but on May 16, 2011, the fish dishes we ordered were very ordinary, not creative, and disappointing......it simply did not match the rest of the "package." Perhaps Antioquenians find this acceptable, but world travelers will know better.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

Went here for a Valentines Day date. Was not disappointed.

Solid wine list and very yummy food. Colombian lend on international menu.

Medellin is landlocked and so I normally avoid the seafood but on the waiter's suggestion we opened with a crab soup in coconut milk and a cerviche both of which were outstanding.

I ate cow for a main my date some really yummy duck (not something they seem to do often here). Chased with an outstanding bottle of Malbec.

The staff could know a bit more about wine, and could really do with hurrying up (we sat for 10 minutes without a drink order) but once I complained they rectified the situation pretty quickly and were very attentive.

Highly recommended for any high end dining ocassion in a city that lacks quality higher end options.

4 appetizers, a bottle of wine, and two mains came to 260,000 COP with tip for a candlelit dinner in a corner of the restaurant. Half was the wine.

I will go back.

1  Thank ChristheKiwi
Reviewed August 23, 2010

the food they serve is excellent, i completely recommend it... one of the best restaurants in medellin