“good deal”

Ranked #55 of 103 Hotels in Medellin
New York
“good deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

no issues here, clean, nice staff. if you want quiet, ask for a room facing the back of the building. only downside is it is far from the popular parque lleras area. not a five star hotel or breakfast, but you are not paying for it either.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Usual T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We booked two "superior double" rooms on booking.com, which came with plenty of beautiful pictures of spacious rooms. They looked a bit too big for the 18 sq meters the description assured they measured, we thought a bit of camera magic didn't hurt anyone. On arrival, however, in one of the rooms you could barely walk around the bed, it was so small- I don't think it measured more than 10 sq meters with the en suite included...

When we complained, showing the pictures, the receptionist smiled and said they always have the same problem, those rooms in the photos don't exist, booking.com put them up from somewhere (!) and anyway, what do we expect for 77000 pesos per room per night (the basic price they advertise is 139000 by the way, and the lower price appears as a discount. A lie too?) It took us 10 minutes at least to get them to change the room of my parents in law for something a bit larger...

Clearly, the hotel needs to do several things to appear as it is:
1) take off the fourth star after it name, in international standards it is not better than a three star. Although it must be said it's very clean, the furnishings and fittings are not four star standard (not even a bottle of water in the "minibar" either- it was an empty fridge).

2) take a serious look at how it advertises itself: currently it is very misleading. As a bare minimum, using pictures of non-existent rooms is not on;

3) Train its staff in customer
service. if you are caught in a lie, at least try and do your best to accommodate your guest...

all this said, at the discounted price it is good value, as I said it is clean, near a metro station, and safe. But we would not stay here again, as we feel cheated.

• Stayed September 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

It does not locate near any tourist sites, however, I think it is not a problem since it is so close to the metro. The room is very comfortable...I can see why some people think it is small but not an issue for me. Air conditioning works very well. Breakfast is decent with eggs any style, bread, fruits, coffee. I have to agree there are noises from the street but not too bad. Overall this is a very good option for the price.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the elevator to have better Wi-fi connection
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank siurene
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was extremely impressed with this hotel, the location and 5-star service I received during my stay. I couldn't have asked for a better hotel conveniently located in Carrera 70 area of Medellin where there are many restaurants, bars, stores, and a metro station (Estadio). The room had a comfortable bed, small refrigerator with mini bar, shower(with hot water) and plasma TV with great cable (CNN available). Every morning I could enjoy a hot breakfast in the hotel's restaurant included with my room. This was definitely the best hotel for the best value in Medellin.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Easylivingtravel
Guadalajara, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is close to a bar. You will hear the music playing until 3 am.

During the morning, the hotel plays music since 7am! because it has speakers all over the halls. The music can be heard inside the rooms.

Seriously, if you want silence, DO NOT book here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Avatarnadezda

Travelers are raving about these Medellin hotels

UK it's a OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks in late March / early April 2013 (initially booked for a single week but it was so good I stayed for 2)
Spotlessly clean, really nice and friendly staff (reception staff speak English) free breakfast, free wifi. close to bars / cafes / restaurants / shops / cinema / metro / sports complex - what else could you possibly want.
Reasonably priced as well if you use the Hotel's website rather than their walk-in rate - when I booked the second week staff advised me to use the internet which was free as it would be cheaper. The only negative was that there is no gym, just a running machine and sauna.

I highly recommend this hotel over the pricier options in Poblado. They even stored all my belongings whilst I made a short overnight trip to Barranquilla.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Medellin, Colombia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I put my parents-in-law up here when they visited from New York. I thought it was probably the most comfortable hotel in the Estadio neighborhood; there are far, far better hotels in Medellin, but this one was the best we could do to keep them within quick walking distance of our house. Bellmen were great but the competence of the front desk varied from person to person, with problems at check-in. We'd put a deposit on a "junior suite" only to have them shown to a tiny, cramped room -- that had to be changed, and we did finally get a junior suite, a decent room with dated decor that was slightly stale smelling when we entered. We went away to another town together for the weekend then came back to Egina on a Monday. We'd specifically reserved another junior suite but none was available, so they had a regular room. People were very nice at the hotel; the place is clean and the breakfast is good. It's just that at times they did not have their act together. It was roughly $100 a night (US) for the junior suite.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family