“PAISA TOUR - Great tour - must do in Medellin”

Tour Pablo Escobar by PaisaRoad
Ranked #27 of 89 Tours in Medellin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: On this tour around the city, of receiving the most complete and objective information, you will go to the most emblematic places that belonged to the most dangerous drug lord in world history or that were used by his powerful organization "THE MEDELLIN'S CARTEL." You will hear about his life, learn about the impact of drug trafficking in Colombia and know more about this story.
Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“PAISA TOUR - Great tour - must do in Medellin”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I just got back from the PAISA Tour, it was excellent! The guide was really well informed and gave us lots of information about Pablo Escobar and the general drug situation in Colombia.

The guide was lovely and informative and was able to answer all my questions. We visited the site where Pablo was killed, his gravestone and some of the real estate that he owned.

I think the tour is a great way to learn more about Colombia. Book with PAISA tours. You can buy tickets at Casa Kiwi hostel.

Visited September 2013

“Very interesting and informative tour! Highly reccommend.... but....”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The tour itself was actually really good. The tour guides were VERY informed with facts and knowledge of the details that occurred during the Pablo Escobar era. We were told the tour itself takes about 3 hours (11am-2pm), but in reality started at 1130am and ended at 315pm. It would have really helped to have accurate timing being that my friend and I squeezed this in on our last day and planned to leave to the airport at 2pm after the tour to catch our 440pm flight. Nonetheless, we were very glad we did the tour since it was pretty awesome to see all of the sights and pictures where things really happened. There are about 10 people in the mini van so you really get the personal feel to the tour guides story. Now, about the tour guide, (Paula, I believe)... whoa rudeness. I definitely agree with an earlier review stating how rude she was! I accidentally sat in her seat at the beginning of the tour and she seriously barked at me, "Move, that's my seat. You sit in the back." Sorry, lady! Sheesh! Also, an older well traveled lady kept trying to ask questions and she would cut her off and act as though the lady was a huge bother! She would roll her eyes at her and even called her PREJUDICE to her face at one point. Hint: do not talk when she picks up her little rinkity microphone to talk be ause she will yell at you, embarrass you, and roll her eyes some more. Luckily, you get used to her crabby attitude and resist the urge to hit her because the information is so interesting and her English is very good :) For 35,000 COP, the trip was definitely worth it, but just watch out for Mrs. Tour Guide of the Year.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Interesting insight into not only PE but the drug industry in Colombia”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I really enjoyed his tour and it was a must do for us after reading 'Killing Escobar' recently which I would highly recommend if you are travelling to Colombia. A lot of the information about Pablo we already knew from the book but it was really cool seeing the sites in real life as well as getting a personal perspective of that time in history from the guide. She also gave a lot of general info on the politics and drug industry in the country which was very informative and we felt we learnt a lot. Her English was very good and she spoke well which also helps.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Paisa Road PE Tour a must”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The two accompanying tour guides are very knowledgeable about the life and times of Pablo Escobar. It isn't a 'look at how this celebrity criminal lived' kind of tour, but a well informed, comprehensive and very interesting history of the man, the cartel, the city, the country and the very sad part of Colombian history.... You don't want to skip this.....!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Goof W
jupiter,florida
“Pablo Escobar tour”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Juan Uribe runs a great half day tour and is very knowledgeable and interesting. A excellent bonus to a Medellin trip!!

Visited August 2013