“Good gringo-food fix and super friendly staff.”

The Flip Flop Sandwich Shop
Ranked #100 of 1,411 Restaurants in Medellin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: We are the best and only restaurant for travelers in Medellin. Look for the 2 big yellow umbrellas and 3 tables out front. I have a great little place that serves good (non-Colombian)food. We serve a great breakfast with eggs, pancakes, french toast, and even home fries. We have best buffalo sauce in Medellin,a new burger that tastes like home, and the best wings in town. All with cheap beer to go with it :o) The other thing I offer is great tourist information. So, for tourists and backpackers, I am a great spot. If you are looking for fine dining or gourmet food, I am not your place.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My friend and I stumbled upon this place on our first morning in Medellín. They serve tasty and generous portions of American-style breakfasts and burgers, wings etc. Reasonably priced also. Most notably the owner and staff are very friendly. They gave us a map of the city, then sat with us and gave a few recommendations of sights/activities to do etc. Overall a very warm welcome to the city as well as tasty food. Thank you!

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I stopped here craving a sandwich. It looked perfect for my needs. As I stepped inside I was greeted by extremely friendly servers, who were also prompt! I ordered the chicken (not salad) sandwich, which by all intents and purposes was indeed a chicken salad sandwich, but hey it was pretty okay! I are sat and people watched then left. It was good and delicious for the type of food. Crave a sandwich= eat here

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This place is amazing, the owner is very nice and they have alot of information for travelers. the place is in a great location and the food is amazing.

1  Thank Marshallstravel82
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Yes, great wings served with a wealth of local knowledge. Best burgers around, custom ground beef keeps these bad boys nice and juicy!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

My friend and I arrived into Medellin on a night bus and were starving! We took a short walk and stumbled across this gem! The owner greeted us with a big friendly smile told us all about the place. We could choose from a huge array of breakfast options (including bacon, french toast and pancakes.... perfect!) or the lunch menu. My friend ordered an amazing breakfast with eggs to order, real french toast and really thick bacon. I ordered buffalo chicken sandwich (spicy option of course) which was made with the owners own recipe. I loved it! The juice was also amazing and we topped it off with an oven warmed pretzel. Don't judge.... we were hungry and the food was great and very affordable compared to most 'gringo' food options in Colombia.
One of the staff members then sat down with us with a detailed map of the city and explained where all of the tourist places are, how to get there, the dangerous 'no-go' areas of town and told us that if we needed any more information or help while we were in Medellin, that we should drop by and ask.

This place was a perfect place to start a great stay in Medellin!
Thanks guys!