“Great Lunch”

The Flip Flop Sandwich Shop
Ranked #214 of 1,311 Restaurants in Medellin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: We are the best and only restaurant for travelers in Medellin. Look for the 2 big yellow umbrellas and 3 tables out front. I have a great little place that serves good (non-Colombian)food. We serve a great breakfast with eggs, pancakes, french toast, and even home fries. We have best buffalo sauce in Medellin,a new burger that tastes like home, and the best wings in town. All with cheap beer to go with it :o) The other thing I offer is great tourist information. So, for tourists and backpackers, I am a great spot. If you are looking for fine dining or gourmet food, I am not your place.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I tried the buffalo chicken sandwich for lunch today and it was tasty. It came with potato chips. The owner was pretty cool and the service was nice and quick.

2  Thank Jacob J

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This place is perfect for real American breakfast which is hard to find in Mdellin.
It also has a really good chicken salad sandwich and buffalo chicken sandwich.
The owner, Chris, is a good guy and has tons of helpful info about Medellin.
Good food at a fair price. With good company.

2  Thank timothy h
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Cris has alot of knowledge about Medellin (pick his brain). Super guy and staff speaks great english. Cris my broken foot is getting better.

1  Thank socket66
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited this place as we did a search for Vegemite in Medellin and it popped up. They do breakfasts (Toast, Eggs, Pancakes etc. etc.) and Lunches (Sandwiches and Burgers etc.) but most welcoming for us Aussies, toast with Vegemite, and with cheese as well (upon request). The owner Chris is a total dude and loves to sit and get to know his clients, offering valuable local knowledge of Medellin, helping to decide on possible itineraries during your stay. They have the cheapest beers around El Poblado and everything else is reasonably priced in this relatively exy part of town. The place is totally worth a visit for some low key but good quality grub and for some good conversation with Chris over a filter coffee or Colombian Pilsners. Been there twice in two days and it'll be three from three tomorrow!

2  Thank Pestef
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I met Chris while hanging around looking for an hostel. I recommended me a few nearby then I went back to him for a good breakfast a for super helpful tips about my stay in Medellin. Depending on the number of days you are planning to stay, he's able to tell you what is worth visiting. He recommended me to go to Guatape' and it was sooo beautiful!!!

1  Thank Vale_Botta