“Great find for tapas at night or lunch”
Review of Montaditos

Montaditos
Ranked #674 of 1,159 Restaurants in Medellin
Cuisines: Spanish
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Great find for tapas at night or lunch”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is a great little place to have a wonderful lunch. My sister and I had a mango drink-so delicious- salmon with herbs- cooked perfectly-a salad and potatoes of choice topped off with a dessert for $10 with tip! Delicious. Colombians have their main meal at lunch and we ate like the locals do.
We did have tapas one day for lunch- chorizo sautéed with tomatoes and wine and a typical spanish tortilla. Night time they only serve tapas. Great deal, delicious food and friendly clean atmosphere. Lovely little place.

• Visited January 2014

Copacabana, Colombia
“Great in the Summer!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Montaditos, not to be confused with their other Restaurant at Mall San Lucas Plaza, is a small Restaurant situated at the front of the Mall with parking immediately outside, which is both convenient, and reassuring, as you can have sight of your vehicle during your visit.

The Restaurant has 34 covers, of which only 10 are inside, the others are open to the elements, but there is a roof! On a warm evening it would be a lovely place to go to. However saying that, the Restaurant is typically Spanish, offering tapas, you are given a menu and a pen, and you mark on the menu which tapas you want, each being individually priced, or you can pick a set number with a beer, for a fixed price.

The Staff are smartly dressed, friendly and efficient, the quality of the food was excellent, and there was a good choice of authentic food from Spain, as can be seen from the menu on their website, having moved from Spain, at the beginning of the year, I was suitably impressed. This was my Wife's second venture into food from Spain, and she came away hooked! there is also a comprehensive wine list.

The only little fault I had with our visit, was that despite having moved inside, the doors are left open, and I was cold, and very glad I had my thick jacket with me. Possibly a visitor to the area would not have found it a problem, but if you are acclimatised to a warmer part of the valley, I would suggest waiting for the dry season (summer) to come around. Only for this reason have I not given it a 5/5.

Will we return?...definitely, but at a different time of year!

• Visited October 2012