“Great Adventures with Andres!!!”
Review of LandVenture Travel

LandVenture Travel
Ranked #1 of 15 Food & Drink in Medellin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We specialize in private tours of Medellin and surrounding areas. From city tours (not just Downtown) to nature, cultural, coffee tours and adventure tours, we offer fully customizable options that will suit your most personal preferences. LandVenture Travel offers exclusive tours that you won't find with any other tour operator in Medellin or Colombia.
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Adventures with Andres!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Hi All,
My sister and I went on a tour of Guatapa outside of Medellin with Andres it was a great experience. Andres was so full of knowledge about the cities that we went to that day and the culture. He made visiting and touring around very easy and comfortable. We were able to climb to the top of the rock in Guatapa which was 740 steps of pure scenic pleasure. Then he gave us a tour of the town and had a great local lunch around the area. Very pleased with the attention to detail that Andres gave to everything that he did. Would do it all over again. Thanks Andres for a memorable time in Medellin and Guatapa :)

Visited July 2013

San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The most UNBELIEVABLE tours!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

When I was researching what I wanted to do in Colombia, I wanted to be educated about the culture as well as engage in adventurous activities. When Andres picked us up from our hotel, I knew this was the perfect guide for us -- super knowledgeable, extremely nice, and generous with his time.

I HIGHLY recommend the Tamesis and Rio Claro tours. Repelling down waterfalls, quad biking, zip lining, and coffee farm picking was an incredible experience that I only got to do in Colombia.

Visited June 2013
Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“He really knows how to guide!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I used to be married to a Canadian guide, so I know a thing or two about this. I hired Andres for 2 days to take me outside Medellin and show me the countryside (which is stunning). His guiding was absolutely excellent. We went to Santa Fe de Antioquia, to a coffee farm in Concordia, and to Jardin. He seems to know folks wherever we went, and they stopped and chatted with us. He kept up a running patter about historical events behind these places, and the land we drove through, plus a lot of naturalist information about the flora, fauna, and native animals. He was observant and solicitous, flexible, and as athletic or not as I needed (I like to walk around towns and on mountainsides, not everyone does). He's an excellent driver, too. Very personable and easy to chat with - I know about his family and about what's happening in Medellin these days. His English is probably better than mine. And his prices are fixed, no little add ons for parking, lunch, gas, etc as some guides there charge. Everything you want a guide to be. I give him 2 thumbs up (for you Siskel & Ebert fans), and my recommendation - hire him when you're in Medellin!

Visited May 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jardin/ El Penol Guatape {awesome time}”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

If your looking for a once in a life time adventure Jardin is the place the horseback ride and hike to splendor falls is amazing.Ive down the trip twice Andres is an amazing tour guide and person.You wont go wrong with this tour or him as a tour guide it doesn't get any better. Thomas

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highlight of our Colombia trip!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We arranged to do the horseback ride, waterfall trek and Jardin town coffee tour with Andreas. He picked us up promptly in the morning and even helped my husband get some aspirin for a headache on our way out to the horse adventure. Andreas is incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about the area. We stopped for coffee at a cute cafe overlooking a river with lush scenery before hitting the road again.

I'm a lifelong equestrian, and I was pleased to find our local horses were well-looked-after and strong. Being paso finos, they are on the small side, but they tromped through mud, galloped up hills and navigated hillsides amazingly well. Jaime, who owns the horses, looked after us very well. We rode for close to an hour and then dismounted to trek to a gorgeous waterfall. Jaime helped us on the path the whole way -- he doesn't speak English but with our rudimentary Spanish and his care we made it down the slippery, but beautiful, path. After snapping some photos and enjoying the spray from the waterfall, we climbed back up and rode back on the horses. We met back up with Andreas and drove to Jaime's house in for lunch, after a quick stop at another beautiful finca (farm) to take in the view. Jaime's wife prepared a hearty country meal, which we all enjoyed. Her patacones were amazing!

After that, Andreas took us on a tour of Jardin, one of the cutest small towns I've ever seen. We saw the main square, got great shots of the intricate balconies, and visited a coffee roasting facility (where we picked up some pure arabica at less than $6/pound). Everywhere we went, people were happy to see Andreas and happy to excited to show us their homes, shops or streets.

We visited one more place off the beaten path -- a coffee processing plant, where each sack of beans is tested and evaluated. For a couple of wine dorks like my husband and me, it was awesome to see the tiny chemistry lab that tests all the coffee.

On the way back, Andreas told us more about his family and the region. We had an absolutely amazing time and would recommend LandVenture to anyone who wants an off-the-beaten-path time in Medellin. We will be back for another tour next time we're in Colombia!

Visited April 2013