“average”

Reviewed July 19, 2013

the accomodations was great,
but the service was not
management needs improvements,
also room service needs improvements too
the restaurant
they need a better menu selection but i am willing to stay again if management make some changes thank you

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hotel Ibis Mede... C, Director de Recepción at Ibis Medellin, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Medellín. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Ibis Medellin Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The good thing about the Ibis is that you know almost everything you need to know and there are no surprises. Details change from one hotel to the other, but decoration, services and amenities are standard. This hotel has been open for over a year and they have managed to keep a really, really competitive price. If you are in Medellín for business, it is really affordable, clean, well located and comfortable. I was nicely surprised by the quality of the hotel given the price including an OK and abundant breakfast buffet.
Two minuses: the first, it is noisy. I stayed in a room on the fourth floor, and the noise from the street was really loud. Friday night, people leaving places late, still kind of celebrating, and you hear everything. The hotel is next to a large avenue so the sound of the cars doesn't help either. The second, the staff at the reception desk. In my experience people in Medellín are very nice. They are always helpful, always greet you with a smile and are friendly. The staff at the reception desk are the exception to this rule. I talked with three different people and the three times had the same impression: not nice. The first person forgot to give me simple instructions as to breakfast hours, the location of the restaurant, how to use the elevator or even open the door with the card. I don't think you should ever be supposed to know this kind of things. The second time I called the reception desk and they never answered. I wanted to get something fixed in the room so I went downstairs: the answer was that there were too many people getting checked in so they didn't answer the phone. What if it was a real emergency? Finally when I checked out I didn't even get a "have a good day" greeting, just to what name I wanted my bill labelled. But, the 15 minutes guarantee worked and the handy man that came was very nice and helpful. So it's not everyone, just the personnel I met at the reception desk.
Overall, it's amazingly cheap for a clean, confortable bed, an adequate bathroom and good location. Just what you need when visiting for work.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hotel Ibis Mede... C, Front Office Manager at Ibis Medellin, responded to this review, August 10, 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve.

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed July 7, 2013

If you are looking for a comfortable room for a good price, look no further! This is the place you would want to stay. Like with other hotel chains, the rooms are standard, hot showers, comfortable beds, airconditioning, and a good buffet breakfast (at an additional cost of 13.000 COP).

We had a very good deal over the weekend through Booking.com, we paid about 44 Euros for 2 nights, as we are backpacking, this was a very attractive offer, moreover since most hostel cost more!

The location of the hotel is not fantastic but within 20 minute walking distancce to the restaurant area of El Poblado, and with a taxi it is very central and the metro stop is only 5 blocks away (7 min. walk). Also the area around the hotel is a very safe area, also to walk at night.

At our check-in something went wrong with our booking where we booked a room with 2 separate beds, but this was not available and as compensation we received two separate rooms with a double bed for the first night and changed the day after to a room which we booked. We also got offer a drink while the staff was considering the available options. The changing of rooms is always annoying, but the staff offered us to do this for us (which we didn't use). Anyway! we thought this solution was really good and the service received was better than you might expect for such hotel.

We would definitely recommend this hotel to travellers, and if I would be travelling for business, this would definetely be my option as well!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Best, Nederland
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed in the Ibis in Medellin in January for two nights. The room rate was $79.000 COP which is around $45 USD. The location is not in the El Poblado area where most hotels are located. The hotel is located between a lot of offices. It's very safe and looks clean. It's on walking distance of the metro station Industriales.

The rooms are small but good, and the bathroom was nice as well. I really liked the showers, which is something that often lacks quality in cheaper hotels.

I really enjoyed the breakfast. It offered different kinds of bread, croissants, different kinds of fruits, juices, scrabbled eggs, yoghurt, different kinds of muesli, and many more. The price of the breakfast was $13.000 COP which is $8. I think that's a fair price.

The hotel is very new and has a nice design. The rooms are small but good, I think you can't expect more at this price. I would definately go back the Ibis hotel if I'd have to pick a hotel in Medellin again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LvdTuin

Cartagena, Colombia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Good services, price very good, Good services, price very good, Good services, price very good, Good services, price very good, Good services, price very good, Good services, price very good, Good services, price very good, Good services, price very good, Good services, price very good, Good services, price very good, Good services, price very good, Good services, price very good

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family