“just okay” 2 of 5 bubbles

Hooters
Ranked #268 of 1,090 Restaurants in Medellin
Cuisines: American, Bar, Fast Food
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wilmington, North Carolina
“just okay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Food mediocre and over priced. Waitresses are lovely of course (after all, they are Colombianas). Many tvs and all showing reruns of various soccer matches...ok, it is South America, but not 1 tv can be showing a live NFL game? Great location in poblado.

Visited February 2012

San Antonio de Pereira, Colombia
“Just like being at an American... just more beauty...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Anytime I want to make believe I am back at Hooters in Maple Shade (South Jersey), I hop the Avenida Poblado bus, and then hike a few blocks to the "ground zero" of Medellin nightlife and dining, Parque Lleras. I usually don't do this, but once or twice a year... and then it is only to meet visiting American friends. Even though it seems that "Hooters" is an attempt to cater to the handful of gringos visiting or living in Medellin, I have noticed Colombians inside as well. But the gringos are a mainstay. It's not uncommon on a Saturday or Sunday to find Americans swilling beer, eating wings and watching the American sports channels all the while trying to chat up the beautiful paisa waitresses.

The menu is just like every other Hooters at where I've "dined", just the food is worse than I can ever recall eating in American-based Hooters (where the food is mediocre at best). The restaurant uses processed food in its menu (just like back in the USA), but I believe the processed ingredients are procured locally. Local beers and soft drinks are served, and like most restaurants in Parque Lleras, the menu is overpriced, compared to what you would find in other eateries throughout the Valley. A small plate of "buffalo wings" will set you back about $11 (and that does not include a beer).

The wait staff (the Hooter girls) are magnificent. They are attentive, personable and beautiful, and stand "head and shoulders" above their American counterparts. The last time I was there, the food was a little slow getting out of the kitchen. I believe that is because their was some confusion on one of the orders.

The atmosphere inside Hooters Medellin could be like anywhere in the US... except with more Spanish-speaking cliente and employees. The decor is typical Hooters... a wooden interior, pictures and posters and a potpourri of "antique" junk mounted on the walls. I checked "scenic view", but it is not out in the street... rather inside. LOL. If you get tired of Hooters- Medellin, try the Hooters in Bogota or Cali.

If you are visiting Medellin, and get a little homesick for things "Americano", drop into Hooters- Medellin, eat some wings, watch some American football, and spend some money.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Greenville, SC
“Beautiful establishment with ok food and poor servIce.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Bud of mine worked at Hooters in the states so I'm familiar with the whole Hooters experience. It's neat to experience every singe one through the world. So I thought being in Colombia the service and beautiful women would be an experience.

Well it did turn out to be an experience. We were charged extra for every modification. For example to make your wings all drum it cost 9.500 COP!!!....I know there is a charge but I've been to Vegas Hooters and they didn't charge as much. All though our waitress didn't mention how much and the fact we didn't really care how much. The problem was she was a horrible waitress.

Didn't come around and the bill had an extra beer on it. When we told her to remove that and we didn't mention anything else she questioned us. Even after she removed the beer she question again....lol.....anyway too many great restaurants in Lleras like Thaico to choose from.

Maybe it was just this waitress?....but maybe they play on looks and not service. Disappointed being a Colombian....

Ps our dinner for 4 with 9 beers was 225.000 COP!....way to much for a wing restaurant.

Felipe