“A Manhattan-style hotel in Medellin”
Review of Park 10 Hotel

Park 10 Hotel
Ranked #17 of 104 Hotels in Medellin
Edmonton, CANADA
“A Manhattan-style hotel in Medellin”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I spent five nights at the Park 10 in February and couldn't shake the feeling that I was staying in a venerable old Manhattan business hotel that had been transported to Medellin. Brownstone building on a nicely-treed street in an upscale neighbourhood. Upper East Side, anyone?
Inside, wood panelling and Persian rugs in the reception area and smartly-uniformed staff.
The suites are large and comfortably outfitted --try to get a corner unit with big windows on both sides. Beds are luxurious and soft with plenty of pillows, and you are provided with a spacious and comfortable work and relaxation area in the suite.
A nice mix of tourists and Colombian businessmen was patronizing the Park 10 during my stay, so I didn't feel like I was in some gringo ghetto. You can still walk to the very gringo-heavy zona rosa nightlife district in five minutes but otherwise the hotel feels nicely isolated and tranquil --like a quiet area of NYC.
Some could quibble about the slightly worn condition of the place, but in my opinion that gives it a nice patina and ambience.
A couple nitpicks: the closet and hangars are inside the bathroom, which can be good or bad depending if you intended to steam your shirts while taking a long hot shower.
The hotel is on the corner of a quite busy intersection so room selection is key. Even though they've installed double-layered windows on some of the street-facing suites, noise can still be a problem.
Otherwise, I came away from my five-day stay with a very relaxed and warm feeling about the Park 10.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter suite on the street facing the small park; other rooms are on a busy intersection...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Laura C, Community Manager at Park 10 Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Mr. Gadman
Receive a warm greeting.
Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Park 10 for your lodging and for giving us the opportunity to have you in our hotel.
We appreciate the time you spent and the special words with which you exposes your experience in our hotel. We know how important these views are for future guests and travelers who are planning their trip to Medellin.
It is a joy for us to know that you enjoy your stay in Medellin. The Park 10 hotel was conceived with an English style that is reflected throughout the architectural design that prevail in wood, stained glass and marble, so you can feel like in a traditional neighborhood of London or New York. Our priority is to offer a service with high quality standards, in an atmosphere of luxury and comfort.
Thanks again for your comments and hope to have the pleasure of having you stay in our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I travelled to Medellin as an advance stop on a convention trip. I saw Park 10 on the Trip Advisor listings and liked that it had reasonably priced suites. I was traveling with my wife so comfort was a concern. This small but elegant hotel could not have been better. tucked in the corner of a high end residential area it is away from the hustle and bustle of central Poblado. Friendly and attentive staff. Helpful beyond ones expectations. The suite was luxurious and comfortable. The breakfast buffets were delightful, the staff excellent. Easy walking distance to Parque Lleras and multiple dining and bar locations. What more could one ask for. Working Wifi, well you can not have everything.

Room Tip: Top floor two story suites are extraordinarily comfortable.
1 Thank Stephen S
Laura C, Community Manager at Park 10 Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Mr. Stephen S.
Have a warm greeting,
Thank you immensely for choosing Park 10 Hotel as your option of accommodation in Medellin.
We also appreciate the time you spent writing this comment, it will be very useful for new travelers to the city of Medellin.
Your positive comments about our services fill us with reasons to continue working for your satisfaction.
We look forward to serve you again in Park 10 Hotel on your next visit to our city.
Panama City
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I just left this hotel yesterday and need to send accolades before I forget. I had always heard good things about Park 10 but chose less expensive options. This past week they had a rate of $100 including tax and breakfast that I couldn't resist.

Had room 605 which is on a corner with nice window views out two directions. Classic quality wood finish and elegantly appointed decor, furniture and amenities. quality towels and bedding to match the quality hotel. Powerful shower with plenty of hot water. Lots of seating room in the living area, a wet bar, a desk working station. Each room appears to have its own internet router and even though I had to reset the router in my room a couple times, the service was good and included in the room price as well. I don't stay in hotel who charges extra for internet anymore.

The free breakfast buffet in the nice open air patio was huge with lots of fresh fruits, cheeses and breads to choose from. Julian the cook did gourmet job on eggs of any style including my favorite Colombian style eggs pericos.

The hotel spa is probably one of the biggest attractions here. I had two excellent massages with two different masseuses during my stay which came to about $60 each. Steam and dry sauna, work out room, and full slate of services for a spa makes this hotel a very pleasant stay. Easy walk downhill in 5 minutes to Parque Lleras.

This has to be about as good as it gets for quiet, quality stay in the Poblado area of Medellin.

Room Tip: Room 605 corner room for less noise and good views. Double paned windows keep the noise out.
3 Thank Srsuerte
Mr. Srsuerte
Have a warm greeting,
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very strange, if you want to hang your clothes, you have to use a hanger in the bathroom, it is very strange and not practical at all, service at breakfast is below average. If you order a fruit juice, they don't have fresh fruits in the land if fruits. They charge you the rooms even before they give you the keys. They use frozen pulp. The location is ok but not a hotel to return

• Stayed January 2013
Valledupar, Colombia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed with my family in new Year's eve. The staff in simple perfec, the breakfast delicious and the building is beautiful. Location is plenty of nature, near to restaurants. I always return to this hotel. Thanks for a magnificent weekend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Laura C, Community Manager at Park 10 Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Medellin.
Your positive comments about our services fill us reason to continue working for your satisfaction.
We will be happy to welcome you again.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Park 10 Hotel is a good option for those traveling to Medellin. It is located in a safe and attractive area. You are in easy walking distance to a number of restaurants, bars, shops and stores of all types. The hotel itself is nice and my suite was very nice. It offered all of the comforts that one could want for the price. My suite and the hotel were in good condition, clean and orderly. The staff was friendly and very willing to help. While not all were bilingual, some of the staff was bilingual and all of the staff were patient with my poor Spanish. I enjoyed my stay at the Park 10 Hotel and I hope to stay there again on my next trip to Medellin.

Room Tip: Suites are very comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Mr. Franklin
Receive a warm greeting from the hotel!!
We appreciate the time spent and the respect with which you share your views towards the hotel and your experience with your stay.
Thank you for choosing Park 10 hotel and we hope to have you with us in a future stay in Medellin.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The location couldn't be better. It's in an upscale neighbourhood with a view over the city. From the hotel it's a safe, easy walk to terrific restaurants and the lively Zona Rosa area (packed with bars and open air restaurants). The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was substantial and good with lots of choices. Our room was a two level duplex style suite that was very spacious with one full and one half (just toilet and sink) bathroom. We had views of the city, treetops and a small river. The only issue was the air conditioning units were a bit old, noisy & not very efficient and the rooms needed some repairs. (The sink didn't drain well, the shower leaked water all over the room and the toilet handle often got stuck leaving the tank flap open for example.) So not quite a five star experience but we did enjoy our time here. My husband didn't like the steep stairs to the bedroom level however and wouldn't stay in this type of unit again. I didn't mind the stairs and liked all the extra rooms.

Room Tip: The duplex suites are very spacious but if you don't like steep stairs best to avoid them as tha...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple