“A place for ribs”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Medellin, Colombia
“A place for ribs”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Elegant, good service, delicious food and good prices!
It is located on the Dann Carlton Hotel, free parking and many times they have International Food & Beverages festivals

Visited May 2012

Medellín, Colombia
“Regular Client... but dissapointed!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Undoubtfully, this place gives you the best view of the city with its rotating restaurant on top of the Dann Carlton Hotel. The service is quite good as well, since the waiters are always trying to please and help you, and I consider them to be extremely professional and well intendended.

Now, what I haven't liked in my resent visits are severl important details, that I consider important when you choose an expensive option like this one. Our last visit was last Tuesday, when my family (party of 13) invited my to clebrate my birthday. Though they obviously recognized us as regular clients and they did their best, the following were the things that we found are not working well:

- Wine selection: as has occurred before, they never have any of the lower end wines in stock. They only offered the U$45-50 and obove ones, leaving the $30 ones out (they never have them).
- Food: though it's usually OK, this time some of us had issues with the salmon (the cut was less than an inch tall!) and a couple other dishes. They tried to solve it but unfortunately didn't have better fish options.
- Tempereature: it was a hot day, but we had to complain more than ones till they decided to solve the air conditioning issues.

I can't say I strongly discourage you to go there, nor that I won't return but I also have to confess I'll think about it before making another reservation at Tony Romas... It's a shame, because I think it used to be one of the best ootions in town.

• Visited June 2012