“Well, the intro was my fault, completely...”

Hotel Dann Carlton Belfort
Ranked #37 of 110 Hotels in Medellin
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I forgot my passport, which is my fault... I stay completely biased. The lobby & pool area were very well kept. The bar and restaurant were not attempted...

As far as the service.. If I was in the hotel business (with this one boasting a 5 star rating!), and I had someone come in explaining they had forgotten their passport in another city in another hotel... A 5 star hotel receptionist would have made the following attempt:

Sir, their are no worries, just tell me the Hotel's name and I will take care of everything else.. Hence calling the other Hotel and having them fax, e-mail or defecate a photocopy of your passport... I'm normally on the ball with everything and even my Gf was wondering whiskey tango fox over...

Anyway, the receptionist was just of no use, but did offer an apology. The bus boy Freddy was the only welcoming part to the hotel and I swear, if you send someone up to open a wine bottle, make sure to send someone up who knows how to uncork the damn thing... Holeeee $hitzu...

The hotel room... Wow, I've stayed in Econolodge's in Maine without heat in the winter and experienced a better time... Possibly this room was the only dook shoot egg (704), but I did recall other reviews explaining similar... hoping they were just anal. The hotel room did nothing to welcome you as if you were coming home combined with the exquisitely small television...

Anyway, never again... Bogota Beer company has a great burger, MU ribs are epic, Il costalla or something had good Italian, Beer company or something had great Apostol beers, Picono's had a different but good pizza, The museum in Medellin boasting Botello art was choice, and just walk to El Poblado street and ask each bus driver and say, Centro? and remember to keep your bags to your chest as to not get them stolen but a local rat...

If I didn't have my Maria to make me smile, I would be miserable... OH YEAH! ART HOTEL BOUTIQUE ROCKED SERIOUS BASKETBALL$!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cris F
There are newer reviews for Hotel Dann Carlton Belfort

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Was there for two days.

Great hotel dor business trips, quiet, clean, good location, great service, food is ok. Not awesome but is ok for the price.

Near to lleras park, and metro station. 1 hour to international airport.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank juan m
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I was at this hotel for 4 nights in December 2013 while visiting the beauty of Medellin and everything was perfect: food, service, room, common areas of the hotel, really everything. I would not only recommend this hotel but would definitely stay there again...

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel, and it´s really average hotel, they don´t provide iron in your room, neither if you request it, instead they charge you for iron service, a crazy price.

It´s not convenient for business trips. I don´t recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed at the Dann Carlton as an "in between" travel location while in Colombia. I've heard amazing things about Medellin and was told Dann Carlton was a great place to stay. The location is OK...I was under the impression that is was true walking distance to Plaza Botero...however it wasn't and I learned that the hard way. The hotel is close to the Tesoro shopping center, Santa Fe, etc. The check-in process was efficient, but despite booking 2 beds I was told that they didn't have any available and was given a 1 bed without much apology. I was traveling with my aunt so it wasn't a big deal, but still...The room was small, but comfortable and clean. The breakfast was delicious and despite what other reviewers said there were plenty of options and if you didn't like the options a chef was there ready to prepare your order.

Overall it was a good experience. I wouldn't say it's a 5 start hotel, but still comfortable and I don't regret staying here. The Nacional soccer team was staying while I was there so being able to see some amazing soccer players definitely added a little something to the trip!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My room (one bed) was a good size and included a refrigerator and other amenities. The hotel staff was wonderful. They helped me work on my Spanish and would switch to English when needed. The hotel has a buffet breakfast with wonderful fruit and juices, plus hot food usually two different egg dishes as well as beans and rice.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were very disappointed to find out after traveling all the way from London, that the pool and terrace area were under construction and had been for the past two weeks. It would've been nice to have been informed in advance.

• Stayed: September 2013