“Cheaping out”

Chef Burger
Ranked #14 of 1,136 Restaurants in Medellin
Cuisines: American, Bar, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The best hamburgers in Medellin; people call us "The Best Burger in Town". Our secret ingredient: MADE WITH LOVE. Come try them!
“Cheaping out”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have been here in Medellin for over a year already. People from medellin are by far the nicest and very amicable people, however they are the cheapest. When it comes to small change they are always looking for a discount of some sort. In this restaurant it was no exception. I requested a re-fill from the waitress and she broght me a half of glass filled. When I asked her why she fill it half way, she said that if I wanted more soda just to let her know and she would fill the other half???? What the hell is this, can thay even fill a soda properly. Its amazing, they lure people in saying they give free re fills and they dont even fill them properly. Food is very good, I wont ever go back myself.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Luis G

Medellin, Colombia
“One of the best burgers”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is one of the best places to eat a burger in Medellín. You have to be patient because probably you will have to wait to be seated, but it worth it.

• Visited July 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“NEar to be the best burger in town...”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I am not sure if are the best burger in town, but are one of the best. I had regular and it eas good. Place is nice, music very good, service outstanding. I will come again to try many other options

London, United Kingdom
“Best Burgers in Town”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

They claim to be the best burgers in town and after visting 4 times I can definately say its true. The burgers and chips in particular are spectacular. And the Flor de Jamaica dessert so good I wanted two.

Ignore the other review about being American, they don't claim anything of the sort, yes they use english and play sport (not just american) on the tv but thats for style they don't pretend to be what they aren't, they don't use the word American anywhere. Also I wouldn't suggest ordering anything to be cooked less than that recomended by the chef either, he knows what he's doing. And ordering something that the other reviewer claims "we can't get here in Medellin" just says it all.

• Visited February 2012
“Overrated”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

After reading the reviews, my wife and I wanted to see what all of the hype was about and decided to take some of our Colombian family out to enjoy some "American" burgers. Based on the line that extended out the door, we thought we were in for a great meal in a fun atmosphere.

The atmosphere was indeed fun with good music, nice outdoor space, flat screen TVs, and comfortable chairs but sadly, that's about where the good things ended.

We ordered the blue cheese burger and the avocado burger because both advertised things that we can't get here in Medellin: good bacon and quality cheese. We also ordered it medium rare (un cuarto) because here in Colombia, "medio" often means grey on the inside. When our burgers came, everything looked good with nice presentation and seemingly fresh, quality ingredients. But when we each took a bite, we looked at each other in disappointment. Not only were the burgers cold on the inside, the cheese that we had both been looking forward to turned out to be a gross imitation at best.

I even asked our waitress what cheese was on my burger and was told it was indeed cheddar. This wasn't cheddar; it was American cheese (which we all know pales in comparison to every other cheese). My wife's blue cheese was also an imitation because first, it was a cream instead of chunks or crumbles, and then when tasted separately, it turned out to be more of a blend of sour cream with perhaps a small amount of blue mixed in.

Overall, the burgers were adequate. The rest of the ingredients, including the "papas rusticas" were fine but none of it left me wanting more.

My main issue with Chef Burger is that it purports itself to be an "American Burger Bar" with English all over the restaurant and menu, American sports on TV and American memorabilia on the walls but it clearly cuts corners and ends up being just another imitation that over promises and under delivers. This felt a lot like false advertisement.

Compared to a normal Colombian burger, these are good but an American burger this certainly ain't.

• Visited February 2012