“Es bueno”

Verdeo
Ranked #64 of 1,235 Restaurants in Medellin
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Organic, vegetarian, and super yummy. Delicious appetizers, soups, salads, hamburgers, traditional and international main courses prepared with fresh regional and local in-season fruits and vegetables, natural beverages with super nutritious ingredients, variety of teas, organic coffee and artisanal beers.
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Verdeo
An awesome veggie resto, one of the best. The prices are a little steeper than other places in Colombia but it is evident why. We had starters, felafel with hummus and cream cheese dip and the potatoes, mushroom and queso sauce. We were too full for main course, despite how tempting the portobello mushroom burger with picante pesto sounded! The decor is AWESOME (see pics) and the staff are friendly. Each table has a toy animal on it. Our only complaint was NOT ENOUGH HUMMUS!! Muchos gracias Verdeo!

There are newer reviews for Verdeo

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I went Saturday to eat there and bought a "Verdeo Salad" for myself and a friend. For 2 days, we both had incredible stomach aches.

The recommendation for the restaurant is to improve their cleanliness and cooking methods as this was horrible.

I even put the food outside (I took some leftovers) and the birds wouldn't even eat it.

1  Thank Jason S
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband (a meat lover)had the portobello burger with roasted potatoes and I had the standard verdeo burger with a salad. Both delicious choices! They make their own bread that is soft and yummy and whole grain! The sauces/ dressings are creative and fun using local ingredients such as passion fruit. We both enjoyed juices as well.
Highly recommend for vegetarians and non vegetarians while in Poblado.
For those looking for other vegetarian options in other neighborhoods of Medellin there are more good restaurants than are listed on TripAdvisor. Check out happycow.com to see reviews on places like Saludpan and a delicious little vegetarian restaurant up at Parque Arvi.

ENJOY!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Anyone who is either vegetarian or values the ability to eat something other than carne, carne, carne, and especially such people who have spent more than a month in Colombia trying often futilely to find alternatives to meat and fried foods (I'm talking about myself!) could literally fall to their knees and weep tears of gratitude on arrival at Verdeo.
Everything here is great - the location on a little green and peaceful park (away from traffic), the funky decoration, the menu printed as a magazine with eclectic pictures of animals, the good looking and friendly staff, and the so so delicious food. Really the food here is put together with love and care and art and the result is some truly magnificent tastes and a very very satisfying and healthy meal! I love this place!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

It's not easy being a travelling vegetarian, so I was lucky to have a friend recommend this place on my last trip to Medellin. The menu has a lot of options. I went with the special for the day - noodles with tofu. Nothing too exciting but what my friends enjoyed their meals immensely. One had one of their specialties - a bowl filled with cheese. It looked great! Bonus: The restaurant has a fully stocked organic boutique on the second floor. Ouh, and I loved the decor!