“Great for a steak meal”

Basilica Restaurant
Ranked #372 of 1,311 Restaurants in Medellin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Basilica is well situated in El Poblado and has plenty of tables. It's a busy, bustling bar/restaurant with a pleasant atmosphere. Waiters are friendly and efficient and happy to explain the menu, even to the extent of recommending a cheaper dish which could be better matched to how I wanted my steak cooked.

Sushi starter was light and fresh. Steak was cooked to perfection and dessert was delicious. Wine is expensive but this seems to be the case in most Colombian restaurants.

I'd happily recommend Basilica for a mid-priced, quality meal.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

While we were looking for a place to dine around Parque Lleras, we found this lovely place. They offer peruvian, sushi and grill on the menu. The ambience was excellent. It was almost full even though it was a Monday night.
The waiter was extremely nice ( a bit too fresh) but an extra smile is always welcomed.
The wine list was not that extensive but it had a reasonable amount of options.
I tried the sushi with sweet plantain and was good. Also the churrasco, and it was not what I expected.
In general, go if you are up for a good time.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Ate dinner there Sunday night.

Friendly waiter, nice atmosphere, plenty of seating available as the place was only 1/3 full.

Enjoyed a steak and my date had fish. Both were delicious.

Nice place for a date and to people watch. Will return.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just came for drinks and a small amount of food. Ended up with some really yummy cocktails, and a super delicious ceviche. Would recommend, though the price was a bit high! Service was great.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have eaten twice this week and I really like it. They have good service and some very good food. I have not tried the sushi or ceviche but have eaten some of the other food. Go sit on the couches and enjoy the wine and the view. So many beautiful people are in this area and it is 2 blocks from a great cigar bar (La Cava Del Puro) I did meet Basilicas' owner and he was sincerely concerned about our experience. I will be back here before I leave. The food is good and it is a great place to relax.