“Flinstones Ribs Medellin ”
Review of Mu

Mu
Ranked #99 of 1,808 Restaurants in Medellin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Very popular Medellin restaurant. They work when they want and how they want.

Always a mystery if they are open or not. They sometimes close on days they should be open. It’s a fun game of catch me if you can.

However, the flinstones size ribs are crazy good. And although I’m more of a wings guy, this is a can’t miss Spot when visiting Medellin.

The rules are simple. Come early, bring cash, order ribs or get lost.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the owner is the former soup nazi.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank arsimon79

Reviewed September 19, 2017

I first ate here in 2015 at their previous location. Just returned to Medellin was extremely anxious to chow down more ribs at their new location! They are ONLY open Friday's and Saturdays (hey, when you're this successful, why work every day?) from 6pm-10pm, so don't miss your chance.

On this most recent visit, I can attest to great ribs, again! The meat nearly falls off the bones. The 4 sauces (in a side dish) included are spicy, BBQ, Chimichurri and Mango.
Try one, or mix them together as we do. Each plate of Ribs (Only Medium or Large sizes available) come with Rustic Fries, the nice thick wedgy ones that are so hard to find at most places (a nice tasty change).
And you get a nice pair of plastic gloves to keep your fingers nicely out of the food and sauces (this is my biggest pet peeve when I eat ribs).

The service, for us, has ALWAYS been exceptional. The waiters (dressed almost like simple Maitre-D's in "MU" uniforms) are standing at your beckon call at strategic locations, ready, willing and fully able to bring you another cocktail or more ribs. (I really wonder how anyone in a previous review could begin to suggest that service was poor as I've eaten here about 20+ times. If you don't like ribs, don't blame the restaurant).

The menu is simple for a reason....exito! or success for you gringos! The place gets packed and can have a line out the door..as, frankly, I've tried ribs since first getting addicted to these, and have not found a place to match the quality and variety of flavors back in my homeland (USA). Having met the owner, Simon tells me that he has to go to the pig farms to order a very specific cut, otherwise you just don't get it as you good as you do here! Great job Elizabet and Simon!

Prices are crazy good, if you're visiting from any gringo lands. Drink special of the house is Mojitos, which works for me. But, I do think they have some other choices as well. A Large Order of Ribs is great for 2 hungry people, or 4 average people. Otherwise, make it a medium!

As the sign on the front door says "_____ Good Ribs!
Salud!

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank sharkpatrol
Reviewed May 30, 2017

I'll start off by saying some people like the ribs but to me the poor service and attitude override all that. I've been there twice (got dragged along the 2nd time) and their "take it or leave it" philosophy gets old in a hurry. The women who was there seating people upon entry was incompetent and rude to say the least. Drink selection is poor and although you'll hear people who like the mojitos I can get a better one in plenty of places around Medellin.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed March 2, 2017

Do one thing and do it well. Your menu choices: large plate of ribs or small plate of ribs. The ribs are huge and delicious. They come with some interesting sauces. Bonus- plastic gloves to wear while eating your ribs. You also get chips and guacamole. The guac is a little heavy on the lime juice. Mojitos are tasty, but they also have the regular selection of beer and other cocktails. They are only open 6-10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. We went on Friday at 7:30 and got in no problem. By the time we left there was a line outside.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed March 1, 2017

This restaurant is only open Friday and Saturday night. They only do one thing, ribs, but they do it right. The small order is enough for 2 people and the large order feeds 3. The ribs were outstanding and the mojitos very tasty. If you like those two things, it is a Must Go, if you don't then stay away. Prices were very reasonable, even cheap.

Date of visit: February 2017