“Really make you feel like it is Su Casa!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Medellin
Casa Estudio Su Casa Colombia
Ranked #21 of 144 Medellin B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Really make you feel like it is Su Casa!”
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Being in a typical Medellin home is much more interesting than staying in a generic hotel. Noah and Marcela are extremely knowledgeable, friendly, accommodating, flexible and truly give you a great tour of Medellin that you would never be able to do on your own. Really the best way to get to know a city from the inside!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mytravelhats

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 12, 2010

When planning a trip to Colombia in the states you definitely get a lot of raised eyebrows knowing the history of this country. However, traveling with Marcela and Noah through Medellin and the Medellin countryside I always felt safe and comfortable while learning about the people and their complicated history. Whether seeing this history portrayed in a museum, traveling up the Metrocable to see it in person, or visiting the local market to sample the exotic fruit - I was able to experience the changes of this place firsthand. The house in Medellin had all of the comforts of home so it was an easy transition for us.

Next up, the finca - which is hands down one of my favorite places on earth. Perched upon a hill in the countryside removed from all things stressful, I was in absolute awe of this place. Our time was spent reading on a hammock, sipping "guaro" by the private lake, repelling down a waterfall, taking a nap by the lone palm, horseback riding, and enjoying the local Colombian cuisine - which were the best meals during our entire trip in Colombia. The finca was the perfect mix of adventure and relaxation. We went on to travel around different parts of Colombia but the highlight of our trip was our time spent with Marcela and Noah at Su Casa Colombia. Take me back! :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank CCo11
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Noah and Marcela were in cahoots with my now fiance for months to plan an amazing engagement evening in Cartagena. When we took a weekend trip to Cartagena from Medellin, my fiance proposed to me at sunset on the gorgeous wall that surrounds the city. Marcela coordinated with the Hotel to arrange for rose petals, champagne, our bags' arrival all unbeknownst to me! We had the most memorable vacation yet.

From rappelling down waterfalls in the mountains, to navigating our way through the markets in Medellin with great ease, to a wildly romantic weekend in Cartagena, our trip to Colombia would not have been so wonderful without having stayed with and being guided by Noah and Marcela. Their number one priority is your happiness and you can really feel it when you spend time at Su Casa Coloombia.

I highly recommend Su Casa Colombia for anyone who is looking for an amazing, off the beaten path vacation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Davarge
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Su Casa Colombia is the perfect option for the traveler who has the adventurous lust of a backpacker, but wants the authentic experience of a staying with a local. Since Marcela and Noah are from the States, they understood my travel needs/desires, and since they’re local (family in the city and Spanish-speaking) they were able to show me around anywhere with no problem and no worries at all. By staying with Noah and Marcela, I was able to have a totally unique cultural experience, stay in a local neighborhood, visit places that I would never find myself or through a hostel, and relax, chat, drink, dance, all in all genuinely enjoy the company of my hosts.

Noah & Marcela's family have a finca in the mountains outside of Medellin so they took me there for a weekend, it was unbelievable!!! The house was open-aired with hammocks hanging everywhere, sitting right atop a high bluff looking down at a valley and river, with steep rock cliffs and a waterfall behind you. The family has horses that we took around the mountains one afternoon, and the food there was wonderful.

I had such a great time in Colombia, I can't wait to go back. Anyone thinking about visiting should definitely consider staying with Su Casa Colombia!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank ColoradoGirl1213
new york
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Marcela and Noah have a lovely large house in the Estadio neighborhood of Medellin. They are extremely gracious hosts who immerse themselves in the culture of Medellin. If you want to get off the beaten track, see a lovely city and still feel safe an secure stay with these guys.

I only stayed with them in Medellin, but I believe they also do guided tours to other parts of colombia. Visit their website at Sucasacolombia.com and reach out to them on what their availability is.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank matthoppen
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 9, 2010

My time at Su Casa Colombia was nothing short of amazing. It is a beautiful and very spacious home located in Medellin. The open air features of the house allowed us to really experience the great weather of the area at all times of day and not (enhanced even more when lounging in one of the hammocks!). The pool table and Sappo game were also nice amenities keeping my group entertained during our down time at the house.

As great as the house in Medellin is, if you stay at Su Casa Colombia you must make sure you make it to their finca (a country home in the moutains a few hours drive outside the city). There is no way to describe the beauty of this house and its location. Perched on a hill overlooking a river valley you have amazing views of jungle covered mountains. There is also a private lake complete with iguanas. If you make it to the finca make sure to get to the small town of Tamesis nearby for some action adventure sports. We did waterfall repelling which was one of the most exhilerating and fun experiences I have ever had.

The owners are an extremely friendly young couple who were able to show us all kinds of hidden gems in our travels that I doubt we would have been able to enjoy otherwise due to our lack of knowledge of the area (the finca, very small local restaurants, a trip up the metro cable in Medellin, etc.). They speak English and Spanish providing very useful translation skills for those of us who need that sort of thing. All in all the service they provided, activities planned and their properties were all amazing. I cannot reccomend a stay at Su Casa Colombia enough!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends