“A most welcoming place”
Review of Su Casa Colombia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Medellin
Su Casa Colombia
Ranked #21 of 139 Medellin B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A most welcoming place”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Marcella and Noah started this venture fairly recently and they have made a great job in every respect. They are there to assist you in every possible way, ready with suggestions , maps and printouts first thing in the morning before your daily program.
The location is excellent in a safe residential area, a pleasant walk to the state-of-the-art metro system.
My room was nicely furnished with the finest bedlinen you can think of.
There are plenty of common areas within the house to make your stay as comfortable as possible

I told Marcella and Noah that I will remember Medellin as much for the amazing breakfasts that they prepared for me evey morning, as the sights and the great atmosphere of this city.
They are both such nice and knowledgable people who can connect with visitors in an instant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AndrasP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
australia
Reviewed November 14, 2012

For Latin America, Medellin is about as close as you can get to an urban paradise. The hosts Marcella & Noah at Su Casa are the most welcoming and genuinely warm & helpful you'll ever find. The rooms are excellent, the breakfast delicious and the location perfect. I can't recommend this place highly enough, the fact that I'm writing this review is proof of the quality as I never get round to it.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank everybodyreach
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

As a young woman traveling alone, I was a little nervous about my trip to a new city. Noah and Marcela made it the best experience I could possibly have had. I felt safe and comfortable in their lovely, perfectly appointed home. What a great experience in an amazing city!

Thanks to Su Casa Colombia, I was able to have the best of a hostel (small number of guests, other solo travelers willing to do things together and share day trips) with all the conveniences of a lovely boutique b&b (GREAT breakfast, nice shared living spaces, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful owners) and all the amenities of a hotel (laundry on-site, room tidied, toiletries, uber-comfortable bed with a down comforter).

I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Katie S
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Leave your worries at home, when you travel to Medellin. This safe, charming city is home to warm and generous people. Use it for a base to stay 5 days and learn about the area with Andres, owner of Land Venture Travel (see separate review), or for a quick turnaround while exploring Columbia. This is where Noah and Marcela come in. They have made it their priority to show their guests not only the ultimate in hospitality but, also, to provide any and all support necessary for their guests to feel safe and comfortable in a country just beginning to develop its tourism business.

As a single female traveler with no Spanish language skills, I was delighted to accompany Noah to the neighborhood market for breakfast items on my first day. This gave me a basic knowledge of the neighborhood, which is located near 2 Metro stops less than 10 minutes walk from Su Casa. I walked to cafes for lunch each day in different directions, always feeling safe. After Noah accompanied me to the ATM machine, I bought Metro tickets, which cost about $1.00 each. Buy several to avoid standing in line at the ticket window each time. I loved riding the Metro; such a clean and efficient way to travel around the city and up the cable cars to an astounding view. All this for $1.00!

Move Medellin up several places on your "travel list" and spend time with Noah and Marcela. You will have a great time; eat delicious, healthful food inexpensively and return home already anticipating your next visit to Su Casa Columbia.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank nst2
SuCasaColombia, Owner at Su Casa Colombia, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind and detailed review! We are very happy to hear that you had such a wonderful visit. We are always pleased to share Medellin with our guests and enthusiastic, warm, and friendly guests like yourself just make our job easy!

Thank you for choosing Su Casa Colombia and we hope to see you again soon!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 17, 2012

In the months before my trip to Medellin, Noah exchanged multiple emails and phone calls with me to provide me with information to make me feel comfortable. And from the time I arrived at the airport, the exerience was amazing! Noah and Marcela's home (Su Casa Colombia) is gorgeous and filled with beautiful memorabilia from generations past.
They walked me around the neighborhood, cooked me an amazing breakfast every morning, took me and other guests to the world-famous Medellin flower parade, to the most beautiful restaurant I have ever dined in, and to see live tango music at a circa 1930's venue that was something out of a classic movie. They treated me with such warmth and made me feel so special.
This was one of the most amazing weeks of my life, and the experience was so positive that I am making plans to make Medellin a second home. Thank you Noah and Marcela for making Su Casa Colombia my home away from home last week and for giving me such a beautiful memory. Big hugs to both of you !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Don332
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We unhesitatingly recommend staying at Su Casa. My girlfriend and I stayed at Su Casa back in June and had a wonderful time. Su Casa lives up to its name because we were really made to feel at home (and the home is lovely and comfortable). While we did not have the chance to meet Noah and Marcela, Vanessa (who looked after the place) took great care of us and was very accommodating and friendly. Noah was extremely helpful with planning our trip to Medellin, and wrote lengthy detailed emails about what to do, what to see and where to eat. The included breakfast was very good and they accommodated my girlfriend's dietary restrictions. Su Casa is located in a nice residential neighborhood only a couple metro stops from the city center - we got a better feel of the city by staying away off the beaten path away from where the rest of the tourists and business travelers stay. The neighborhood was safe, and the quick walk to the metro went through the grounds of the soccer stadium and sports facilities, so it was well lit and always buzzing with activity. We would love to return...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Vanessa took great care of you. She really has been a wonderful addition to the Su Casa team.

We appreciate you choosing Su Casa Colombia and when you return, we hope to be your hosts again!
Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed August 11, 2012

If you are traveling to Medellin, and you want a truly authentic experience going tu "Su Casa" is a no brainer. Noah and Marcela are AMAZING hosts, and they make you feel like royalty. They care so much about making your experience so enjoyable. My partner and I have stayed at many, many "gay-friendly" establishments around the world, and we'd easily rank this as #1 hands down. If you go to Medellin (which by the way is a beautiful/safe/incredible city), you must go to their Family Finca as well. My one regret of the trip was not booking an extra night there --- a bunch of other reviews say the same thing.... now I understand!
I have never felt so sad to leave a B&B!
Noah & Marcela (and Birdle) --- you guys are simply the best, and we will definitely return to Su Casa. Thank you so much for your hospitality, patience, kindness, and warmth. We can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ja F
You said you have never felt so sad to leave a B&B and we can easily say the same about seeing you two depart. Birdle even shed some tears!

It was an absolute pleasure having you here and we're very happy that we could make your trip such a special one.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Su Casa and the Finca both await your return and you know we would love to have you here again! Hasta pronto!