“Pleasant and comfortable hotel in Medellin”

Diez Hotel Categoria Colombia
Ranked #14 of 111 Hotels in Medellin
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed 5 nights in the Diez hotel while visiting two universities in Medellin. It was pleasant and comfortable, the staff was very nice and helpful, and we especially enjoyed the view over this green city from our large window! Everything was clean, the bed was nice, and the breakfast on the roof terrace was very good (delightful view as we ate it too!). Good value for money!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jairosecommerce, Directo de Ecommerce at Diez Hotel Categoria Colombia, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Guest.

Our goal is to provide excellent service quality. Wanting our foreign guests feel like they are living an adventure Colombia.
Thank you for your wonderful comments are always important and help us tu grow up and improve our service quality.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Very modern small hotel very close to La Zona Rosa for nightclubs but far enough not to suffer from noise. Lovely spare but comfortable standard room was well priced for area. Suites offer hammock in the room, they looked fun.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank calJCS
Jairosecommerce, Directo de Ecommerce at Diez Hotel Categoria Colombia, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for having taken the time to share your valuable comments with us.
Our goal is given to our guest amazing experiences in order they want to return here. We are here to serve you and hope you come back soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Hotel Diez is located in the Zona Rosa area of Medellin close to Parque Lleras--probably the best location in Medellin for tourists given the proximity to excellent bars, boutiques, and restaurants. The hotel offers a solid breakfast on its roof-top terrace, which offers sweeping views of the city. The rooms are spotless, spacious, modern, and well-appointed. Hotel staff are courteous and efficient.

When in Medellin, be sure to take a day trip to Guatape and Santa Fe.

PROS: location, service, great price-for-quality ratio.

CONS: far from public transport, little use of terrace in the evenings, small lobby and shared spaces, no pool.

TIP: If you're traveling with children, the Dann Carleton may be a better choice; it's not as modern--although recent upgrades have been done--but it's pool is hard to beat.

Room Tip: Higher floors, corner rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank opera101
Jairosecommerce, Director Ecommerce at Diez Hotel Categoria Colombia, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your wonderful comments, which help us to grow and improve our service quality.
We very present all suggestions to be applied in our daily.
Our goal is to always provide the best service.

We hope to have their presence in our hotel.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Overall the hotel was very nice and met my expectations. The rooftop restaurant was a great way to wake up each morning and I really liked the decor in the room (so much so that it has inspired the way I want to remodel my master bathroom at home. The staff spoke enough English and I spoke enough Spanish that I could communicate effectively with them. The one negative thing that kept me from giving them 5 stars is when I checked out they tried to charge me for minbar services (minibarres on the receipt) which I never used. They took it off the bill but the fact that it was even on there to begin with had me a little wary.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Jairosecommerce, Director Ecommerce at Diez Hotel Categoria Colombia, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest.

Thanks for your comments. Is very important to us know your opinion.

Is our duty serve guests as much as possible and improving every day to achieve all the objectives.

We offer apologies to the downside happened. We are working to improve.

We hope you back with us.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

It's a bit weird at first getting checked into your hotel by people wearing what appear to be zookeeper outfits, but once you get over the initial shock the hotel is fantastic. Great service. The location could not be better in Medellin. Just a couple of blocks from the Parque Lleras where there are restaurants and bars a plenty, and offering great views of the city, the location is top notch. It is on the same side of the valley as the airport, so the drive is a bit shorter and you do not have to go through the city center. El Poblado seems kind of like the Beverly Hills of Medellin, so if you are looking for the gritty local experience, this is probably not the best fit. Do to the abundance of late night options around the hotel I was not able to make it to the 6-10 am buffet breakfast, but the Crepes and Waffles location one block down the hill was a perfect fit for a breakfasty sort of meal around noon each morning.

I was in a corner room with floor to ceiling glass showcasing sweet views of the city below. The fact the room came with a high quality hammock hanging in the corner was awesome, and it was well used. The photographs in the room were also a nice touch and the bathrooms were cool. Everything is new and clean and nice. Many of the reviews mentioned noise being a problem, but in the two nights I stayed there, it never bothered me. I got a great rate one day before my stay at Hotels.com.

Room Tip: Go for the corners. Great Views!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Jairosecommerce, Director Ecommerce at Diez Hotel Categoria Colombia, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Guest.

Our promisse with our guest is provide the best service and we are continuosly working to train our staff in our promisse, that is why, we want to give you thanks for your comments cause it means we are on the right way in our purpose.

Our purpose is to have the best location with the best restaurants in the best area of ​​the city that is the town.

Our rooms are inspired about the regions of our country, every detail was thought of customer convenience and pricing will be improved day by day.

Thank you for choosing us. We hope you return very soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have been staying at the Diez Hotel in Medellín for the second time now, and I hope more will follow. The hotel is beautifully decorated, the rooms are spacious and personal and the restaurant on the roof has good food along with a magnificent view of the city. You are in walking distance of many restaurants and bars. The owners obviously took great pleasure in decorating this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest.

Thanks again for your positive comments!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Let me start off by saying this hotel is incredible. Incredible location, incredible views, incredible decor and excellent breakfast along with service. My boyfriend and I stayed here for 6 nights in February and enjoyed it. That being said, what left a bad taste in my mouth was the fact that I accidently forgot my camera on the bed upon checkout and didn't realize it until a couple hours later when we were on the road again. When my boyfriend called back to inquire, they told us they would look into it and for us to call back the following morning. Sure enough we did and to no surprise they said no camera was found. Okay fine. We tried calling the day after that to inquire once more and we received the same answer. It wasn't until my boyfriend said we should try doing this the "Colombian" way (he's Colombian btw) and called back to offer a reward if anyone found my camera. Sure enough, the following week, he received a phone call while back in Canada. It was one of the staff members calling him, on their own terms, to say that the camera was found. My boyfriend then had to wire this person the reward money and had to pay to have my camera expedited back to Canada. I'm not sure how much it cost him in the end but the whole scenario left a really impression on us. I realize this is how some things work and yes it was my fault for leaving the camera amongst the disarray on the bed but if they would've been so kind to let us know they had our camera earlier, we could've gone back to pick it up instead of having to pay an extortive amount to get it back to Canada. In any case, a lesson well learned.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank honeydrop
Jairosecommerce, Ecommerce Manager at Diez Hotel Categoria Colombia, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Guest, first of all, we are sorry for the inconvenience you suffered during your stay in Medellin and as you clearly stated, the camera was left behind, but there is no certainty as its where about, because during your conversations with the hotel this was still a puzzle.
We would like to find out the name of the staff member that give you a call in order to inform you that was in possession of the camera and who did you forward the reward to ????? this is absolutely necessary for us to determine if the person that called you is in fact an employee of Diez Hotel CC.