“Good typical food.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Miami, Florida
“Good typical food.”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I've tried this restaurant while visiting Medellin because i frequent the Mondongos in Miami quite often and everyone tells me the beans tastes the same as the restaurant in Medellin. After trying out the Mondongos in Medellin I was very happy with the service and food. I had the tipico which was delicious and always leaves me full. The beans tasted very similar to the ones I eat at the Mondongos in Miami which are very good. This restaurant is located close to the Parque Lleras and tourist district. If you have a chance to stop into this restaurant either while in Medellin or Miami you won't be disappointed.

Vermont
“Tripe? Put aside your fears.”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Mondongo is tripe stew. It is one of the favorite dishes of Medellin. Okay. So I have tried almost anything that grows, moves,or crawls. Still, Tripe was something I would eat only if I was starving. But since they named the restaurant after it, who could resist? Glad I didn't fight it. Mondongo is great food, and Mondongos makes great Mondongo. I'd have given it a 5 for Mondongo but I found an even better place, Ajiacos y Mondangos, on Calle 8 so it gets a 4.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Vermontman
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Meal in Medellin!!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Our taxi driver recommended we try the mondongo dish at Mondongo's. I didn't think much about it until we ended up shopping in Parque Lleras. We asked the girls in the boutique if they had heard of Mondongos and they both said it was the best place to eat. We ordered a half order of mondongo soup (beef tripe, potatoes, cilantro, tomato), which I have never eaten if they called it beef tripe. Honestly, it was probably the best soup I have ever tasted!! It was accompanied by half an avacado, banana, and arepas. If I had known it was so good I would have ordered my own full size bowl, vs sharing with my girlfriend.

I had the Typico meal, which was ground beef, rice, fried banana, red beans, pork, and a fried egg. Both meals were huge, so go hungry or order one full meal for two people. A variety of fresh, natural juices were offered, along with the normal soft drinks, and coffee.

If you are near Parque Lleras, don't miss out on a great meal. For about $20, we were stuffed and took a banana to go!

Sydney, Australia
“Highly recommended for local cuisine”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We visited this restaurant after receiving a recommendation from a local. It certainly did not disappoint. We ordered four meals and each of which was individually brilliant. The service was great and the pricing was reasonable. Not much atmosphere however highly recommended if you are hungry!

Houston, Texas
“Mondongo - meh”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've seen this restaurant recommended and blogged about in the web, didn't really consider going until a local who talked to us during the cable car ride highly recommended it. At that point, I was craving for good Colombian food, since two days in we were deprived of good food. Unfortunately, Mondongo did not cure our itch, it only made it worse. The fact that a local highly recommended it, I was beginning to lose faith in Colombian food. Or maybe I'm just not a big fan of bandeja paisa. It's too starch-heavy and doesn't have any servings of vegetables. The bandeja paisa wasn't bad nor was it good, just plain and nothing special. The mango smoothie was standard good, the mondongo soup was interesting, but not spectacular.