“Highly recommended for local cuisine”
Review of Mondongos

Mondongos
Ranked #18 of 1,298 Restaurants in Medellin
Cuisines: Colombian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We visited this restaurant after receiving a recommendation from a local. It certainly did not disappoint. We ordered four meals and each of which was individually brilliant. The service was great and the pricing was reasonable. Not much atmosphere however highly recommended if you are hungry!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've seen this restaurant recommended and blogged about in the web, didn't really consider going until a local who talked to us during the cable car ride highly recommended it. At that point, I was craving for good Colombian food, since two days in we were deprived of good food. Unfortunately, Mondongo did not cure our itch, it only made it worse. The fact that a local highly recommended it, I was beginning to lose faith in Colombian food. Or maybe I'm just not a big fan of bandeja paisa. It's too starch-heavy and doesn't have any servings of vegetables. The bandeja paisa wasn't bad nor was it good, just plain and nothing special. The mango smoothie was standard good, the mondongo soup was interesting, but not spectacular.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Went with a Colombian to have lunch. Casual atmosphere where locals and families gather for their midday meal. I had mondongo, a tripe soup accompanied with avocado, banana, condiments, and arepas. My sister had the chuletta of pork which she loved. Not much atmosphere but a wonderful meal with a local.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We ate at the el Poblado location. Unremarkable interior and the service was slow. The Mondongo was good, but I preferred the one I ate at "Ajiacos y Mondongos" just a few blocks away. Plus that other restaurant has better ambience.

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

A very local restaurant serving good traditional Colombian meals. Portions are big and the food is tasty. However we had terrible issues with service. We ordered a vegetarian dish for a couple of people and checked, in Spanish, that they had no meat. As they started eating my friends realised they definitely contained meat. The waiter kept saying there's no meat, it's just a bit of chicken. He really didn't understand the problem and would not just deal with the situation. It became really frustrating and ruined the meal.