“Mondongos, and Bandeja Antioquena”
Review of Mondongos

Mondongos
Ranked #18 of 1,160 Restaurants in Medellin
Cuisines: Colombian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dominican Republic
“Mondongos, and Bandeja Antioquena”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Had to have this if you are in Medellin. Service was very fast even though we are visiting during the festival de las flores. Food was good, we were very happy to have some authentic Colombian food in a good place. Location is great.

• Visited August 2013

Pennington, New Jersey, United States
“A classic”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I try to always make at least one stop at Mondogos whenever I visit Medellin -- the menu is simple and there's nothing fancy to the presentation, but the execution of the traditional Colombian dishes it offers is excellent. Oddly enough, I don't really like Mondongo so I usually go for the grilled pork or grilled chicken. Meat and sides are always simple and great. Juices are great too.

• Visited July 2013
worldwide traveler
“An eating experience”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

On my first trip to Colombia, I was taken to Mondongo's by my Colombian friends. I like exotic foods and this fit the bill. It was a very enjoyable experience. It was pretty expensive for soup but eating something very local was interesting and educational.

What I like best was the fact that although I was eating something exotic, I knew it was cleaned and prepared properly.

I saw a lot of locals there and I knew it must be a great place to eat.

• Visited July 2012
Lima, Peru
“Locals seem to love this place but we thought it was average”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This large restaurant on Carrera 10 had a line of people waiting for lunch at 1 p.m. After getting several recommendations and seeing the line, we returned at 3 p.m. with high expectations. Unfortunately we were not impressed at all. The churrasco beef I had was barely average and the small potato, green tomato, and fried banana were nothing special.
My wife had fish and thought it was ok.
Service was average.

• Visited June 2013
Santa Monica, California
“Go for the mondongo”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Tried the mondongo here and can attest that it lives up to the hype. Very tasty! My other half had the steak churasco and said it was just okay. Go for the mondongo!

Visited June 2013