“Nice hotel, good value, breakfast and light dinner included”
Review of Hotel Estelar Blue

Hotel Estelar Blue
Ranked #12 of 105 Hotels in Medellin
Miami, Fl
“Nice hotel, good value, breakfast and light dinner included”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Recently enjoyed a stay at this hotel. Very clean and well managed. When we had a problem with plumbing in a room, they changed our room literally within minutes. Breakfasts were buffet and quite adequate and they also included a light dinner in the evenings. The location is excellent although if you walk, there is a hill to navegate from the main highway-Avenida Poblado a block away-a long block away!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Prophet9fla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week while on business. If you are from the US, Canada or Europe expect a 3 vstar experience. It's nice enough for a business hotel but I wouldn't stay here in vacation.

It's in a safe neighborhood close to malls, restaurants and the casino. You can walk about safely at night and there is always a cab if you need one.

They provide the typical Latin American buffet breakfast. My rate included dinner as well. It was nice enough for one night but the menu is limited and does not change.

The only downside was that the ventilation system must interconnect the rooms. Some one was smoking in an adjoining room and choked me out of my room. I stuffed a towel in the vent but the maids kept removing it. :-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cartagena, Colombia
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have been to Medellin several times and I really like the hotel Estelar Blue. Its location is extremely convenient, the rooms are very spacious, and the rate includes breakfast and dinner. The attention of the staff is good and I like that the hotel has a gym.

The reason why I can't rank this hotel with 5 stars is because 1, they didn't service our room one day and tried to say it was because we had the do not disturb sign (we took this sign down at 130pm), 2, the wifi isn't very strong, & 3, the rate is over double the rate of the Ibis Medellin and quite honestly I don't think the hotel should cost that much more. I'd rather pay less for my room rate than have the dinner included.

If you're in the same situation where you're not sure if it's better to pay less and stay in the Ibis or pay more and stay here, all I can say is it depends if you're looking for a hotel with more complete services and are willing to pay the price then stay here. If you really don't need free dinner, a gym, and a larger room, save the money and just stay at the Ibis.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mickeymouse_0917
Dania Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I made my first trip to Medellin and wanted to stay in a comfortable hotel that offered some nice luxuries. I will list this hotel from start to finish. I stayed for 4 days in the Junior Suite.

1. I booked through Booking.com and saved about $30 a night for the Junior Suite. Originally I booked through the hotel's website for a standard room and then once I found the booking.com site I found that I could upgrade to the Junior Suite for less money than I was spending for the standard room. WIN-WIN for me!
2. Communication. I wrote to the hotel to confirm my reservations and ask about airport pickup. They responded within a few days and was sending me a car to pick me up at the airport. Quoted me 75 mil pesos but it came out to 60 once I arrived at the hotel so I was happy.
3. Airport Pickup- I was greeted at the terminal by a friendly guy with my name on a board so I was easily able to pick him out from others. Car was comfortable. They don't use a taxi service but instead use an actual car service. Nice.
4. Hotel Check-In. I was greeted by the doorman who was nice and assisted me to the front desk. I gave my passport and they made a copy of my cc and then was told about the breakfast and dinner schedule. Very friendly ladies at the desk.
5. Room- AMAZING. The Junior Suite has a bedroom and a living room that can be divided by a closing wooden door. It had a mini fridge with some drinks, alcohol, snacks, a sink, a couch in the living room with dining table, coffee table, air conditioning. A LARGE balcony with dining table outside. Very romantic at night. The bedroom had a large chair, a large comfortable bed, sink area outside the main bathroom. Water in the shower was hot. TV was a large LCD with lots of channels to chose from.
6. Breakfast- Somewhat typical of Colombian buffets. Eggs, Arepas, Pan, coffee, juices, cereal. Eggs were not very hot and a little runny but it's a free breakfast and it was nice.
Dinner- Sandwiches, soups, coke, juices, bread, cheese, and other items. Not a huge selection but seriously, why eat dinner at a hotel while visiting Medellin. It's for convenience and nothing more. I prefer to go out and enjoy the local cuisine.
7. Safety- Nice safe inside the room for my ipad and other items but not big enough for my laptop. To be fair, my laptop is a 18" and is quite large. Also this hotel has security at the entrance.
8. Area- The area that this hotel is in is a very friendly family area. You can walk to the mall safely. The night I arrived I walked two blocks to the ATM and felt safe.
9. Attractions- LOTS OF MALLS. Best mall is Sante Fe mall which is huge with about 6 levels. Lots of food options, movies, and arcade. Saw a movie (Smurfs) and played in the arcade which is great for kids and adults.

Overall I loved this place especially for the price. I had my GF and her daughter stay with me and they didn't charge me for extra people. But they do post extra persons at 30 mil a night. If you want to stay at a nice hotel for a great price. CHOOSE THIS HOTEL!

Thanks Hotel Estelar Blue. My trip was amazing!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BenLI
Escanaba, Michigan
Reviewed August 4, 2013

All enjoyed staying at the Estelar Blue and all the great places within walking distance. I recommended to my sisters to stay when I was married in Medellin and they enjoyed and the great breakfast and light supper included...

Room Tip: Get the upgrade mini suite... worth it the extra room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed July 20, 2013

First, the room was good, business-like and modern. The location was good, near av poblado, and most of the staff was very friendly. The corporate side of things wasn't as good, which I found out after trying to call them many times, but the property itself was very good.

When checking out, I feared that I would have to explain why I shouldn't be charged the 16% VAT tax, but thankfully I was greeted by Estefania at the desk who was helped by Andres Molina to explain all the changes to me in detail. They were really helpful and saved me some aggravation (which I had with other hotels in Medellin).

Besides the room and location, the food was decent. About average for a 3.5 or 4 star hotel. The nice part was that they included a dinner option from 7-9:30pm which, while nothing to write home about, was sufficient and even better that i could just drop in, grab a few things, and continue up to my room.

The friendly staff made up for a few other deficiencies of the property (not much of a business center, no pool, no roof lounge or restaurant with a view, and the gym was... well just a small room with a few recreational machines.

Thanks again to Estefania and Andres for making my stay enjoyable :)

P.S. almost forgot, the beds... well they could use some work. Mine was super firm and not as comfortable as I would expect from a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights and it was lovely. The stay includes breakfast AND dinner....both were very good buffets. Few options, but all delicious: eggs, cereal, arepas, fruit, and mini pan dulce for breakfast; sandwhiches, pasta salad, soup, salad for dinner.
The staff are very professional and helpful. The hotel is quiet and very clean. Our room was the biggest we had out of all our hotel rooms while traveling in Colombia. The hotel is a shirt walk to the fun strip of bars and restaurants in one direction, and the Santafe mall in the other. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple