“Horrible!! BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Medellin
Santa Barbara, California
“Horrible!! BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I was in this hotel from July 6 until July 11, room 1206. I left the hotel because I had over 30 bites on m body. As I was checking out, I showed my bites to the bellhop and to the front desk staff. I asked to speak to the manager, and was told that the manager was not available. I left an extensive note asking the manager to contact me so that there could be an adjustment to my bill. To this date (July 29) there has been no contact.

In addition, I booked and paid for this room 3 months in advance through Orbitz. When I arrived at the hotel they told me that class of room as not available and tried to get me to accept a lesser room for the same price. Only after I was insistent, and aited 30 minutes in reception, did they finally give me the correct class of room. The "ffree" meals thaat came with the room were very substandard and the food quality was poor and very substandard.

This hotel is a HUGE disappointment! It is better to book elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank draimer
Hoteles_Estelar, E-Commerce at Hotel Estelar Blue, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Good Afternoon Dear Guest,

We confirm that we have analyzed in detail your comments, which is why we declared that we understand the distress that caused the breach of health you mentioned. But we regret that after thorough review we did not find reasonable explanation why we reiterate mentioned personally in the sense of having done what was within our reach to feel your best.

We hope in a future visit to Medellin you will feel better and be able to exceed their expectations

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel from the end of May into the first part of June. The rooms are modern and clean; there is free wi-fi in the rooms and the shower is huge. The water pressure was great and hot water was always available. There is air conditioning which may not always be needed, but I like to run just the fan at night for the white noise effect. One thing you want to avoid is a connecting room for you can easily hear the people in the other room. Fortunately very few rooms in the hotel are connecting rooms. An LCD TV would be a good upgrade for the future, but the CRT TV is fine for now.

The staff was super friendly and great at helping this English speaking/poor Spanish speaking person solve any problem. You can't ask more than this from any hotel.

The location in the Poblado district is great because you are in the safest area of the city within walking distance of 2 major shopping malls, and plenty of casinos.

Oh and did I mention that the hotel provides not one but two meals per day included in the price of the room? Try if you like, but you won't find anything near what you get in this hotel for the price. Highest recommendation!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Hoteles_Estelar, E-Commerce at Hotel Estelar Blue, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Good Afternoon Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay with us at Estelar Blue. We keep on working hard to provide our guests an excellent experience during their stay. Hoteles Estelar is very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and didn´t want to leave us. We would like to invite you to visit us in other destinantions where we can provide you the same excellent Estelar service.

Sincerely
Lima
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Modern building, but bad service. Medellin is a beautiful city!! but the hotel's managers don't know that it's important to get a world-class service to compite!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank IanColl
Hoteles_Estelar, E-Commerce at Hotel Estelar Blue, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Good Afternoon dear Guest.

Hoteles Estelar would like to convey to you our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during you stay at our Hotel Estelar Blue. In order to improve our customer service levels and to deliver to you a satisfactory answer, we would like to ask you for your name and if possible the hotel room number and the date on your last vis
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Awesome stay in Medellin at a great Internet rate! The best location, great rooms, super clean, modern, great breakfast and dinner snack complimentary daily! Simply the best Value in Town!

Room Tip: High Floor room with City View
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
medellín
Reviewed April 24, 2011

bought it on despegar.com, it was as low as 100.000 cop (something between 50 bucks) i was told the breakfast was included, but the meal was also, it was a nice surprise. Overall best for the price, very nice rooms, bathroom is huge, you could use some jacuzzi but only shower, its ok though. only problem is you can hear people talking in the hallway. not very much, but you can hear them.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Espinal
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I really liked this hotel overall. It is a very modern and minimalist place. My husband and I stayed in a suite that was spectacular. I can't complain at all of anything in regards to the room. It was spotless and huge. It had a great balcony with wonderful views of the city. We had a seperate living room and bedroom. It's obvious the houskeeping staff does a phenomenal job. You should certainly consider a suite if staying at this hotel.

I wanted to give this hotel a five but couldn't because of the front desk staff. I think the front desk people felt "too good" to deign to actually help guests. The cocky attitudes got annoying really fast. When we requested something, it seemed like a big hassle for them. We had to call down to the desk mutilple times one evening for a cork screw to enjoy a bottle of wine on our balcony. I can't even remember how many times we called. There was one morning where we got up to take showers and realized there was no hot water. We called down to the desk and were informed it was a problem throughout the hotel. We were spoken to very rudely as if we shoudn't be bothering them about the problem. The desk seemed to be staffed by a bunch of snobs who didn't think they needed to be bothered with work.

We also had problems getting our minibar refilled. Being a late town, we stayed out pretty late and slept in. If you miss the minibar restocking that happens in the morning, you can forget about restocking. We requested some bottled water several times and were told no one could access the supply but the designated minibar restocker. Don't count on water if you sleep in.

I must say the rest of the staff more than makes up for the front desk staff. The front doormen were all wonderful and especially kind. I felt I got to know them all after a week. They were so helpful. I've already spoken about how much I appreciated the housekeepers. I did send out some laundry at one point and that was handled wonderfully.

All this said, I would probably stay here again based on the location and great rooms with views. It's a shame to have a few bad apples bring down a place where the people doing the real work are diligent.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Hoteles_Estelar, E-Commerce Manager at Hotel Estelar Blue, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to give your feedback. Your comments are most important to us since they allow us to improve the services and products we offer. It is our duty to learn from mistakes and we are taking very seriously any request from our guest. This point has been taken up in our team in order to avoid such a happening in the future.  We continue to be committed to providing all our customers with the highest standards of service in the industry.

Kind regards,

E-Commerce Manager
Willemstad, Curacao
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Great rooms very clean.
New hotel Very nice people.
The next time we go we already know witch hotel we are planning to book

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business