Tripadvisor
Medellin
Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent, Valuable Experience

I spent a total of six weeks in Medellin and Cartagena and really am very happy with the courses... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
delepstein
!!

I studied with Juan José for 2 weeks and have never learnt so much so quickly! He keeps every... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
49lizzieg

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Medellin
from $30.00
from $93.34
from $37.50
from $19.49
More Info
All reviews learn spanish group classes language exchange ana maria great place to learn free activities juan jose having conversations extra curricular activities dance classes amazing teacher teaching style teaching skills making mistakes complete beginner great teaching learning experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I took a week long group class with Estefania. I tested into a class level that I thought may be too high but Estefania encouraged me to stay with it and went the extra mile with me to get me comfortable. I was challenged and learned a lot. I think what makes Estefania and the other instructors so great is that they are so flexible balancing the right mix of formal curriculum with conversation. For example, many times Estefania would essentially adjust the exercise on the fly to where we were practicing what we learned but around a question we asked (history, politics, fashion, etc.). There is time built into the day to just connect and talk informally. Plus there are extracurricular activities to further meet people and practice your Spanish, salsa, and mixology. Haika (spelling?) at the front desk is fantastic and will help you with anything really. Another thing that is great is their flexibility with your purchase. Say you buy a week class like I did and then your schedule changes, they will gladly change you to private lessons and just deduct that from your group class purchase you already made. Great experience. I will be joining another week before I go home.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I spent three weeks in Medellin and decided to take a 1-week group Spanish class to brush up my (very rusty) high school-level Spanish skills. My teacher was Stephanie Arroyave. Stephanie was attentive and organized, getting across the important material and making sure that everyone in my group was included. I learned more than I thought I would in one week, and also had a lot of fun. Thanks Stephanie and Toucan!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We did just over a week of private classes will the Aura and completely loved it. She's a fabulous teacher. She's fluent in English, but only spoke English to us when we needed clarification. She laughed at our dumb jokes, explained things clearly and at the pace we needed. My friend and I are really happy with our experience with Toucan and Aura.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing Spanish lessons. Very small groups and personal attention. Especially teacher Vanessa was great and very enthusiastic.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

I just completed one week at the Toucan Spanish School and I've signed up for two more. It has been great. I had concerns that it might not fit my needs, as I had some exposure to Spanish but I am much pretty much of a beginner and a slow learner to languages. But the staff at TSS took care of me right away. First, they had me take a test before I arrived in Colombia to gage my abilities. Even then, because of my answers, they were not totally certain of my level, so asked me to come in a bit early on Monday for a one-on-one interview. I was placed in a 1A-1B class which was a very good fit. The school was busy and the school and my class included a variety of learners from around the world and different age groups, including young nomads and retirees. In reality, it is the staff and instructors that make this school special. The staff is super friendly and made me feel welcome immediately. My group instructor, JPP, was terrific. Friendly, patient and engaging. He kept the class of 7 on track and made learning the language fun. He encouraged questions and consistently made sure we all understood the lessons. I also completed one week of private lessons, which I highly recommend as a supplement to the group lessons. While it makes for a long day of class, (I had a one hour break for lunch), if you are limited on time and want to maximize the experience, it's defiantly the way to go. My private instructor D was also great. Patient, encouraging and direct. Private instructions can be very intense. He made it easier and he has been a great help. I appreciate his efforts. I am looking forward to continuing learning the language at TSS and intend to come back before the end of the year for both group and private classes.