Open today: 10:00 AM - 12:45 PM, 2:00 PM - 4:45 PM
Review Highlights
Good tour with lots of passion and pride

Our tour guide Esteban is definitely a natural at telling his story and the story of his... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
little_oz
Ottawa, Canada
Awesome

This tour was one of the best and most interesting tour I've ever joined! Laura was so authentic... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Roman100169
Lachen, Switzerland
via mobile

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Medellin
from $19.00
from $38.00
from $30.00
from $12.00
More Info
All reviews guide laura metro station interesting experience personal stories graffiti art tip based personal touch violent history meeting point three hours first hand local guide personal experience san javier his life eye opening great guide
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

This was our 3rd time in Medellin, however the first time we visited Comuna 13. We made our reservation online for the free Zippy Tour Comuna 13. Once we arrived at metro station San Javier the tour guides of Zippy Tour were easily spotted.
Our tourguide, Yulieth gave the full history of the transformation how Comuna 13 became what it is now a days. The tour was very interesting and also inspiring. Yulieth provided also information about the meaning of several of the graffiti’s. Yulieth was born and raised in Comuna 13. Her English was very good and she provided a lot of interesting information. Bring sun block, water and good walking shoes as there are some vertical walking.
Greetings from Curacao. Masha danki Yulieth!

1  Thank CuraTravel85
Reviewed September 11, 2019

We did the Zippy Freetour in the Communa 13 in Medellin and it was amazing! Our Guide Yulieth told us so much about the history of the Communa and the story behind the single graffitis. Yulieth showed us everything in the communa with so much enthusiasm and you could feel how important the community is to her.
Thank you so much for the great and informative day!

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank 25liesab
Reviewed September 9, 2019

I cannot recommend this tour enough. Do not come to Medellin without making room for this experience.

When the tour ended, I was so overwhelmed by how powerful the experience was I had to just step away and cry for a sec. Despite the dark history of Comuna 13, I wasn't crying because I was sad. I was crying because I felt so proud and humbled by the resilience, talent, and strength coming out of the community. And I felt so honored that I was invited to witness it in person.

Stiven our guide was spectacular. I learned so much and his intensity and passion held my attention the whole time. The whole thing was just... special.

Thank you for sharing your community and your story with us, Stiven! Thank you for offering such an insightful experience, Zippy Tour!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 9, 2019

For anyone who wants to visit Comuna 13, look no further than Zippy Tours! We had an amazing long morning with Esteban who was a really insightful, enthusiastic and overall a fantastic tour guide. He grew up in the Comuna for many years and was able to give us a lot of interesting information about the history and significance of it and why it has become so notorious. His English was absolutely perfect which is impressive considering he learned it in a 6 month immersion program run in the Comuna. Despite the some what violent history of the place, you should not worry at all about visiting this vibrant and welcoming community, especially with someone like Esteban taking you around as he made us feel very comfortable. Really couldn't recommend the whole experience more and by the end of it we were very happy to tip for such an awesome tour.

Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

I went on the Zippy Tour of Comuna 13 at the very last minute. I WhatsApped Zippy Tours in the morning asking if there were still any spaces, and to my delight there was so I joined the 2pm tour!

Yulieth was our tour guide and she was fantastic. Her enthusiasm and positivity is contagious and inspiring. She gave me some great recommendations about Colombian food and coffee, and she was asking me questions about food where I live (London). She has lived her entire life in Comuna 13 so she was able to give many details and facts on the tour. She showed us her house where she lives and took us to a great ice cream place nearby.

Comuna 13 was great and definitely worth visiting. There was amazing street art, breakdancing and rapping. There are some amazing views up here too.

Be sure to tip well at the end as the guides deserve it. At the end of the tour you can either take a bus back to the metro station for 1200 pesos, or you can just walk like I did. It’s only a 5 minute walk and if you have Google Maps then Comuna 13 is easy to navigate.

Well done Yulieth, and thanks again!

1  Thank matt_price1993