All reviews private room common areas minute walk great kitchen metro station a great place to stay rooms were very clean bars and restaurants hot water quiet neighborhood great atmosphere tv hostel guatape hammocks chill juliana
Selected filters
Reviewed December 14, 2018 via mobile

The Black Sheep hostel is conveniently located in Poblado, Medellin, close to the metro. I stayed there for 2 weeks and switched rooms a couple of times. Both rooms were very clean and light and were pleasant spaces to spend time in. It also feels very secure. The people running the hostel were great - helpful, flexible and informative about places to go and visit. A couple of times I left luggage there when visiting other places overnight. I would highly recommend it as a place to stay while you are in Medellin.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2018

Hostel sits in a residential neighborhood so it's quiet and a bit secluded. Easy walk to the metro station but not too close to the nightlife. The hostel is clean, provides lots of information for paid tours but that's about it. I felt like we were just staying at a hotel. There wasn't much of a social atmosphere when we were there even though we saw many travelers in and out of the hostel. Most of the staff here including the owner, were nice and helpful but there was one specific staff who seemed more focused on hanging out with his friends up in the rooftop patio than helping the guests.

Our private room with ensuite bathroom was spacious, we actually had an extra twin bed in our room. The shower head could be better but at least there was hot water. The weather was pretty warm when we visited, but unfortunately, there are no ACs in the rooms, we just had a ceiling fan (that look like it was about to fall off) and a standing room fan. We mostly just kept the window open to let fresh air in.

There are common areas but no one really hung out there so we were out and about hanging out at friend's hostels most of the time. So this place was pretty much just a place to sleep. Clean, safe, and simple.

They did arrange for a driver to take us to the airport when we checked out and I have to say, I've never been so fearful in my life sitting in the back of a car. He was driving so fast, weaving in and out of lanes, on the windy mountain roads...IN THE RAIN! I swear I was thought this was it! LOL this isn't the hostel's fault but they should really screen the drivers they hire for their guests.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2018

Amazing place to be if you want to meet people and experience Medellin - and its nightlife. Its good for socialising, so if you travel alone, you will always find people to do the walking tours, guatape or check out the amazing reaggeton-clubs in Medellin.
Its super clean, the cleaning ladies are here all day and clean especially toilets and showers several times daily.
The staff is amazing and helps you with everything you need - they even practiced my spanish with me :)
The beds are not super comfy, but definitely ok. The kitchen is a little small, but clean and has everything you need - even a mixer for cocktails or guacamole :)

The location is really close to all the main attractions but not in the center of the party-zone so you have quiet nights. A big and cheap "exito"supermarket is right around the corner, so cheap food and drinks are no problem at all. I also like the terrace with all its hammocks...good for relaxing after an exiting day or for recovering from your Medellin-Hangover ;)

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

The staff thinks they’re the coolest people on earth (they’re not) the room wasn’t clean at all.
For that the price was way to high.
The location of the hostel isn’t that good as it is pretty far (15 Minuten walk) from the other hostels bars and restaurants.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wurstti
Reviewed June 1, 2018

At the start only had 3 nights booked then extended for another 4 nights. We had a private room with private bathroom. The room was at the standard of a nice hotel, very clean.
Friendly vibe throughout and very helpful staff to sort out tours and activities. Safe part of town with food and metro only a short walk away.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank bradarn0ld
KelvinBlackSheep, Owner at Black Sheep Hostel Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2018

thanks for your comments, happy to hear you enjoyed your stay