“Modern Hotel Confortable not luxurius”

NH Collection Royal Medellin
Ranked #5 of 111 Hotels in Medellin
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a Modern Hotel, confortable, WI FI is good
The Gym is small but close to an open place, but they suply few and very litle towels
The late check out is charged, but your room is done if you are lucky
It is nice located
The pool is nice, and ideal for this who love swim
The rooms are confortable but if you have noise neighbors you listen them

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've stayed at multiple hotels in Medellin over the past several years and I can say that I think this is the best business hotel in the city. Located in the Poblado area directly behind the new Santafe shopping mall and only a few hundred meters from the discotecas at Riosur, the location is excellent and within walking distance to various additional conveniences such as grocery stores, cinemas, etc. The lobby is clean, new and impressive and the front desk team is always helpful and friendly, hotel management also excellent, notable security presence but not overbearing. As in all hotels in the Royal chain, there are laptops provided in the lobby for guests without their own computers as well as a printer, which can be helpful for printing boarding passes and so forth. If you do bring your own computer or iPad, the entire hotel has good wifi coverage, free for guests to use. Another nice touch is that just off the lobby there is a nice green courtyard for guests to enjoy, a nice space to get some work done on your laptop or have a glass of wine (hotel guests get two free glasses of wine or beers during the hotel's daily happy hour from 5-7 pm).

The rooms are immaculately clean and modern. Probably the most comfortable beds in Medellin, perfect pillows, not too hard. Big flat screen TVs. Good-sized desk space for business travelers to spread out computers, papers, notebooks, etc. Nice hot showers, overhead rain-style shower spray, fluffy towels. All rooms seem to have a nice view with big windows overlooking beautiful green Medellin. I never tried the room service but there is a complete menu for those want to grab a bite at the hotel, likewise the minibar is fully stocked with anything you could need. Likewise, if you forget a toothbrush or shaving cream or whatever toiletries, the hotel has these items available for guests.

Guests have free breakfast included on the second floor by the poolside. A full buffet-style spread including fresh fruits, juices, meats, cheeses, cereals and eggs prepared as you wish.

This is by far my favorite hotel in Medellin and probably in all of Colombia. The service, quality and attention is on par with any four-star hotel in the world. This hotel is great for people travelling on business or with their families. I have nothing but great things to say about the Medellin Royal.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank M1027
GuestServiceRoyal, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Royal Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2015

Dear Guest:

First of all we would like to thank you for the time that you took to write the review about our hotel and we are very happy to read that we are ypur favorite hotel in Medellin .
We appreciate as much the positive remarks about our great location and helpful and friendly staff as the ones that we need to work on.

As usual we will be delighted to welcome you back.

Regards,

Marilú Mora E.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel harbored us after a car crash on the way to Medellin from Bogota.

Upon arrival it was like an oasis in a desert of mind boggling events that we had recently passed through.

The staff had been exceptionally friendly and the rooms are stylish and comfortable.

Room Tip: Higher the better and at the end of any corridor to lessen the noise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
GuestServiceRoyal, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Royal Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear guest.

Thank you very much for the kindness of your words. Your satisfaction is our main goal and our best reward.
We are looking forward to having you again at home.

JUAN PABLO CORREA
CUSTOMER

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel is really well located, just a few mts to malls (santa fe, oviedo, la estrada, rio sur), gyms, bars, restaurants and the "milla de oro".
The bad thing is the noise you can listen to the cars even from the bathrooms, I had to change my room and it improved but after that I listened to all the conversations of the room neighboors in my floor. Also they didnt have iron table or iron in the room I had to ask for that.

If you dont care about the noise (when you travel for business I think it matters), the rooms are ok, small but really clean and the beds are a little hard but for me that was perfect. The services is excellent and the breakfast compared to other hotels is really nice, all kind of fruits (not only papaya and the same ones).

The swimming pool is in front of the dinning area and is not so wow (I wouldnt recommend for vacations) , the gym is really really bad, but if you are going for a log stay you can pay Body Tech which is located in Riosur and it is walking distance from the hotel.

Taking out the part of the noise I think I'll recommend it for bussiness travelers although there are others in the same zone where you dont have to "climb" to come back to the hotel from the avenida el poblado.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that are not noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
GuestServiceRoyal, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Royal Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear guest.

Thanks a lot for your comments. We are in a continous improvement process, and your opinions regarding our infraestructure and facilities heps us to be better each day.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you want to give us more information about your impressions about us.

JUAN PABLO CORREA
Customer service manager

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was my first trip to Medellin, and the hotel was selected by my hosts. Really a good choice, with all you can expect. Due to the mild climate you may even open the windows. The pool and outside restaurant offer an excellent setting. What I liked most was the open-air gym adjacent to the restaurant...

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the city
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
GuestServiceRoyal, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Royal Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

We are so glad that you had a good experience with us. Thank you very much for the kindness of your comments. We are so much looking forwar to being your hosts again.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very nice hotel. Quiet and clean. Professional staff.

I’ve stayed at the Medellin Royal during each of my half-dozen trips to Medellin.

I recommend reservations via Expedia, Travelocity, or other third-party site.

You’ll lock in a rate instead of, let’s say, a more ‘flexible’ rate directly via the hotel.

I’ve always used a third-party site but decided to deal directly with the hotel on my most-recent visit.

When checking out, the rate for part of my stay was 44% higher than the reservation quote.

And, though the reservation was made, and reconfirmed, for a room for two, a ‘guest’ charge was also added to the bill. Maybe it's in the fine print. Two named guests in a reservation for two--but there's an additional 'guest' charge if the two named guests actually stay in the room.

It’s tough to argue with a night clerk – he probably earns in a week less than many of us earn in an hour and is just trying to make it through the night.

But for that, a great hotel. I’m sure I’ll stay there when I again visit Medellin.

I’ll just be sure to use a third-party site for my reservation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ciao F

Dear Mr Ciao.
Thank your very much for your comment.
Please accept my apologies for the incident you have refered to in your comment.
I would appreciate if you please may give me your reservation details (date, name etc) and I would check what happened with your check out bill.

JUAN PABLO CORREA.
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I had the chance to stay in multiple occasions in this Hotel for 11 months, due to professional matters in the beautiful city of Medellin.

I have only words of gratitude for every staff member in this hotel, especially for the front desk team, the bell boys, Enrique the sales manager and Maria Teresa the general manager who with her delicate feminine touch makes everybody feel just like home.

I hope that in the near Future I can have the chance again to visit Colombia again, and especially Medellin, with no doubt at all I will choose this lodging option.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
GuestServiceRoyal, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Royal Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Mr Gocaes.

Thank you very much for such kind words about us. You can not imagine how satisfactory is for us that you Mr Gocaes have this level of satisfaction with our service.
Your oppinion also gives us as well a new challenge, to exceed your expectactions in your new visit.

Thanks for gave us the great honour of being your hosts.