“Vomit-inducing worst thai food ever” 1 of 5 bubbles

Thaico
Ranked #849 of 1,087 Restaurants in Medellin
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cali, Colombia
“Vomit-inducing worst thai food ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

This place is hardly worth the time to go to, much less write a review, but I felt it necessary to attempt to further this establishment's drunken stumble down to tripadvisor's gutters.

First off, this place doesn't serve Thai food other than by name. Any of the traditional flavors you're used to expecting from Thai food are conspicuously missing from every plate. To top it off, the flavors they DO have make you want to vomit during, immediately after, and for the duration of the evening following.

This terrible experience is compounded by the miserable staff. Don't expect to get any service while you're here without flagging someone down, and, when you do get it, don't expect them to listen to any complaints about the quality of their food. Our waitress, upon being informed of the meat tasting like gutter, simply nodded and walked away.

Don't waste your time or money on this place.

• Visited December 2013

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

This place has horrible food and horrible service.

Went there for lunch, absolutely horrible. Soup that taste like vinegar. Ordered Pad Thai noodles, the menu said they were spicy. When they came, I asked the waiter for some sauce on the side, he told me there wasn't any. I explained that the menu said they were spicy, and that was the reason I wanted that dish. He told me they didn't have that sauce right now. So I cancelled the noodles.

I saw the waiter take the dish to the back and split it between other employees and eat it. This didn't bother me. What bothered me is that when the bill came, the noodles were on it. I mentioned it and he said I ordered it, and I should pay for it. After an argument, he took the noodles off the bill and brought the check, with a service charge just added.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“nothing to do with thai taste”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have lived in Medellin and I do recognize that this places has a nice atmosphere for being in the parque lleras without spending too much. definitely recommended if you wanna drink local alcohol such Aguardiante and Ron because they have discount. Cocktails are very bad, you get 3x1 but the quality isn't good, so you are drinking a mixed of juice and alcohol bad prepared. The food is ok but nothing to do with real thai flavours. Do not expect too much and it is always crowded.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Aruba
“Thai food with a Colombian Twist.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

On our way to find a great place for lunch, we stumbled upon Thaico and gave it a try - very different then your average Colombian meal, but it tasted well and presentation was nice.
We had the fried noodles, which were crispy but too saucy.
Not worth coming back to.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Average food, but a nice change from Colombian cuisine.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

After a long walk to El Poblado, we found this restaurant. We got there just before 7PM, which meant we would get our food for half price. Otherwise the food here would be massively overpriced! Service is so-so, and when I received my teriyaki chicken, there was nothing teriyaki about it! It was still edible though. If you want a change from the usual Colombian menu, this could be a nice change, but don't show up after 7PM or you'll pay through the nose.

- yesmads.com