“Mediocre food, Check your bill”
Review of Thaico

Thaico
Ranked #1,138 of 1,647 Restaurants in Medellin
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This place advertises 3x1 cocktails and 2x1 dinners. Indeed, they need to serve 3 cocktails for that price! The food does not taste like Thai. Spring rolls taste like something you would get at TGI Friday's, and Pad Thai tasted like vinegar, not spicy at all.
Watch them closely on the 2x1 dinners, reportedly offered until 7 pm. We placed our order for our dinners well before 7 pm, but our waiter chose not to ring it all up until 7:37 pm, thus negating the 2x1 special. We called him on it, and he would not correct it. We asked for the boss, and she even fought us, but eventually took one of the dinners off.
All in all, an experience best avoided.

Date of visit: April 2013

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I went to this restaurant because it was next to my hotel. They had a 3x1 cocktail happy hour, so it was pretty crowded. This unfortunately meant I received awful service. The food was alright, but a bit overpriced. I had better meals while visiting.

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This restaurant is located in lleras park so has a nice atmosphere and is surrounded by other good restaurants. If you arrive before 7pm, food is half price although this is not advertised. They also do 3x1 cocktails and 2x1 beers so can be quite good value. A main meal sets you back about 25000 pesos whilst an entree is about half of this price. They had a good range on the menu however we ordered a curry and it didn't taste either like Thai food or like a curry. In saying that, it was cooked well and was delicious. Just don't go there expecting authentic Thai food. We found the service to be both fast and friendly.

Date of visit: March 2013
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I visited this restaurant when it was 1/2 full on a Sunday night. The waiter never came by, I had to flag someone down to order. After 35 minutes I walked to the hostess and asked about my food order. She checked on it and then said that it would be out in another 10-15 minutes. I questioned her and she said that it wasn't because of a problem issue in the kitchen, but insisted that their food takes around 40 minutes to come out. I cancelled the order and left.

Date of visit: March 2013
Reviewed March 6, 2013

best prices in poblado. 3 x1 cocktails and they are stronge cocktails. Also the food is good ............................................

Date of visit: December 2012