“Nice Hotel with Great Service”

Hotel Estelar Altamira
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ibague
Columbia, Maryland
“Nice Hotel with Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family recently stayed at the Estelar Altamira and we had a great time. The property is clean and offers a wonderful pool and restaurant. The rooms are more than adequate, perhaps a bit worn. The air conditioner was a bit loud, but worked. The staff is what makes this hotel so great. The pool staff, especially Maria and Cesar, were wonderful and took the time to help my son learn to swim. The front desk staff were always happy to assist and the restaurant staff were great especially with kids. The wifi worked well most of the time. The gym is adequate but nothing special and the game room has seen better days (both could use fans and a bit of updating). The neighborhood seems nice and some folks we met had taken taxis to several nearby restaurants, but we just ate at the hotel. The maid service was also great. Most of the front desk staff spoke English and some of the restaurant staff spoke a little English, which was appreciated since my Spanish is not always the best. There is a small gift store and a little shop that sells toiletries in the lobby. The tennis courts looked nice, but we did not play. Overall, it is a very nice hotel and we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on a higher floor. If there is an event by the pool, you will hear it. We r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Great hotel in nice setting with friendly staff.
Rooms on the back have a great view on the large swimming pool and the green hills.
Ideal place to relax.

Room Tip: Backside, with more beautifull view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hoteles_Estelar, E-Commerce at Hotel Estelar Altamira, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Good Afternoon Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent holiday at Estelar Altamira Hotel. We are very pleased to read your review and learn that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your comments which are very important to us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Kind Regards.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel with best service ever. Really good attention to detail.
They could do better on the food department , which was bland

• Stayed May 2012
Hoteles_Estelar, E-Commerce at Hotel Estelar Altamira, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Good morning Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending our Estelar Altamira Hotel and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read your positive comment. I have carefully noted your feedback regarding our food and beverage service and we are already considering supervise and check our recipes.

Kind Regards.
Ibague, Colombia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

I found the place to be really good.
Good service, good food, and very comfortable rooms.
It was a little expensive in my opinion, but overall, it was worth it.
Ibagué is a very nice city to visit, just for its wild parties and awesome ambiance !
I hope I can stay here once again !

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Djmenaka
Hoteles_Estelar, E- commerce at Hotel Estelar Altamira, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Estelar Altamira.

Kind regards
cartagena
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

Stayed at the Mercure hotel for 2n. It meets the requirements of the business traveler although fairly bland - do not expect a big dose of Colombian culture. Wifi is chargeable and creaks along at 128 mbs so is virtually useless for business applications. The taxi fare from airport to hotel is 10,000 pesos and from hotel to town centre about 5,000 pesos. I ate out both nights- el Chusso and Garbo and can recommend both.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Adolfredis R
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2007

I was nervous about visiting Colombia and based on things I had read on the internet was not expecting much for our accommodations. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at this hotel. The setting was beautiful, each room I believe has a view of the lovely hillside and pool area. The pool area is great, I wish I had brought my suit. They also have three jacuzzi tubs. The massages are cheap (around $25 for an hour) but the spa is definitely without perks. The rooms were clean and definitely adequately appointed. We had breakfast included in our room rate, and they brought it to us in bed. The room service was quick and very hospitablet. Also, housekeeping and laundry were top notch. The restaurant was a lovely setting, though service was definitely slow-though this seems to be a citywide trait. Also, the hotel has good security at the entrance of the hotel property. I was told by the locals that this is the best hotel in the city and based on my experience I would agree.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — slow service in restaurant
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JMRH