“Great loacation, great price, great host!”

Hotel Pueblito Playa
Ranked #61 of 158 Hotels in Cartagena
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We initially booked one night here but it soon turned in to three.
On arrival we were met by a lovely receptionist who took us to our room. We were travelling South America for my husbands birthday and at the same time celebrating our wedding anniversary.
Though this is a budget hotel they put us in one of their best rooms. The hotel has good standards. Nicely decorated, a very nice bathroom and above all else clean. It is located iin possibly the best spot of Cartegena. Two minutes walk to the beach and just ten minutes walk to the old town.
Though on a main road it is quiet at night so you get a good night sleep.
The owner Brian is great. Entertaining and above all else very helpful in a country where few people speak English. He gave us some recommendations for our onward journey that paid off. Thankyou Brian.
You will read all sorts of reviews as we did but rememebr this is budget price in prime location. You definitely get your money's worth.

Room Tip: Ask for the red room. Double glazed and a great shower room!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JudithChalmers_10

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I cannot say enough about the terrific service at Hotel Pueblito Plaza. Brian is a fantastic host, and the staff obviously enjoys working for him. Our 2 small dogs were welcomed with open arms by both humans and the in-house dogs. We spent more than a week at Pueblito Plaza while we waited for our vehicle to arrive on a boat from Panama. I cannot think of a nicer place to be "stranded." The location is great--in sight of a nice beach, and surrounded by plenty of restaurants, bars, and shopping. Brian is a fountain of Cartagena info, from recommended vets to restaurants. And finally, the breakfasts . . . delicious, varied, and ample! We will be back.

Room Tip: We had a street-side room, but were not bothered by the noise. If you are a light sleeper, you migh...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was trying to kind of "rough it" on this trip, but promptly booked out of the hostel my friends were staying in and instead booked into this hotel. I had read all of the reviews and it seemed promising.
It was just what I needed - clean, well kept, friendly, AC in the rooms, great area location, even TVs. The rates are awesome. Breakfast every morning is included and was really great. The beach is a block away.
But the best part about my stay is that when I got sick after a couple days out of town with my friends (got sick upon return), Brian (owner) brought me toast and juice not only in the morning but also in the afternoon as I was recovering and needed sugar and some food. I couldn't leave the hotel to get it for myself, and it was such an enormous help! I was incredibly grateful.

If you're looking for something affordable that can suit your needs with friendly staff and a great breakfast, lock this place down. No complaints at all.

Thank you, Brian, for your help.

Room Tip: Just try to get a room away from the reception, as people tend to be loud speakers, early in the mor...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I cannot say enough about the friendly owner, Brian, and his staff including the manager, Carlos. All were extremely Accomodating and helpful when it came to offering advice and recommendations to Cartagena's restaurants and attractions. The hotel is ideally located to the beaches right on the San Martin strip and just beside a new big bucks Intercontinental hotel (coming soon). It is a basic hotel, big on heart and one I would gladly return to. Thanks again to all the staff for providing my wife and I a memorable stay.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The hotel is owned by Brian a charming Englishman who has had an interesting life and always makes time to chat to the guests, to offer advice, find out about them and see how they're liking his hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I arrived early at the hotel and had to wait to check in but they kindly looked after my bags whilst I went off to walk around Bocagrande until my room was ready, they let me check in 3 hours early.

You won't find a hotel cheaper than this in Bocagrande, it is 20 metres from the beach. All the rooms are en suite with good wifi, cable TV and A/C. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. The hotel is generally quiet so a nice place to relax and get a decent night's sleep.

A good breakfast is included in the price and is different every day.

They have rooms of all different sizes for 1 person up to 8 people (maybe more).

Great value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Chepito75
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We spend a bit more than 2 weeks at the Pueblito Playa, it was just perfect. The location is fantastic, less than 300 m from the beach,the owner and ALL the staff were very nice and very helpfull,good security and very clean,i'll come back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
777brian, Owner at Hotel Pueblito Playa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments. Since I purchased the hotel 18 months ago my staff and I have been working hard to improve and upgrade our service and facilities. It's nice to know that our efforts are not in vain.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nice location, almost on the beach (1 block away), and in the touristic area of Boca Grande in Cartagena. Only 24 rooms. Our room was very clean and large enough for the 2 of us. With a quiet and working A/C. Free Wifi and breakfast was also included.
Many inexpensive restaurants and eateries in the area. The local buses make a stop in front of the hotel: easy access to the citadel of Cartagena.
Run by the owner (a British person) who spent most of the time on the site. Friendly pets (2 dogs) are on the site. Good value for the money and convenient location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple