“Brayan made Cartagena magic for us!”

Scarlet Macaw Trips
Classic Cartagena Highlights Tour
Ranked #48 of 178 Tours in Cartagena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Scarlet Macaw Trips excels both in local expertise and understanding of what today's travelers seek. We believe in the global ripple effect of intercultural exchanges and are proud this experience will continue to resonate with you after you return home. Custom itineraries, individual, couple, and group packages available. Email us for a quote. -City tours (CTG) -Boat trips -Bachelor parties -Palenque -Custom-packages available, as well as concierge services for all your needs in Colombia
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed April 23, 2017

This young man made our once in a life time visit to Cartagena - pure magic! We were greeted just off of the pier and walked to our private vehicle with a driver - we greeted by Brayan holding a sign to welcome us. We had customized our tour to what we wanted most to see and Brayan made it all happen. Most tours would try to take you to purchase emeralds - but I wanted to learn all about coffee and Brayan had the perfect place to take us. We learned about the different types of coffee, methods for roasting and grinding and of course lots of coffee drinking. Brayan went out of his way to make our day special - we ate lunch at a local restaurant, drank beer at the corner store and just had a blast. This young man is going places and don't waste time doing a large group tour - get Brayan and get the best!!!! As active a tour or not as you desire. Brayan took care of all tickets, etc.

Date of experience: April 2017
in 17 reviews
"cruise"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed January 10, 2017 via mobile

If you are traveling to Cartagena, there is only one way to go, hire Brayan Munoz for an awesome experience. He is a very knowledgeable tour guide and great with kids of all ages. We have two teenagers and a 9 year old. Brayan seemed to have connections with everyone in town and made our time in Cartagena wonderful and filled with great memories.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Anadrew
Reviewed December 2, 2016

Brayan met me at the airport with a driver and delivered me to my hotel. Along the way he talked about the history of the city. Very well informed and his English is very, very good. A couple of days later he picked me and my daughter and her family up in a small bus ,just the five of us. We went to the salt marshes in the neighboring Provence and on to the mud volcano where my daughter and my grandchildren went into the warm mud. I preferred to watch. Then on to a hike through the jungle to the ancient painted rocks. Later to a local restaurant and on to a artisan village. It was a truly Memorial Day inColumbia and not on the regular tourist trips. The bus was great for the children as they could stretch out and sleep on the return trip. Brayan was a terrific guide, always trying to please. We accidentally met him a few days later when he had a cruise ship group going through the walled city and it was like meeting an old friend.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed October 28, 2016

We had a wonderful time with Brayan & Edwin! They picked us up at the cruise ship terminal & drove us all over Cartagena. We went to La Popa, the old Fort, the old walled city & through the new city. When they picked us up, there was a small issue with my companion being unable to get into the van. Brayan managed to find a stone brick that we could use as a step into the van. We drove around with that all day!. We drove up to La Popa & Brayan & I toured the inside. My friend couldn't make it up the stairs so Edwin, the driver, stayed with her. I had more than enough time in the monastery & Brayan pointed out several areas of the city. He was very knowledgeable & his English is excellent. He made very sure that wherever we went we felt safe & ensured that we were not harassed by people trying to sell us things on the street, unless it was something we wanted. He stopped & bought us some Fritos, (street food) which was delicious. He supplied bottled water for us as well. The tour lasted about 3 1/2 hours before he had to take us back to the ship. It was a wonderful tour & it cost less than any of the excursions that the ship was offering. Plus we saw all of the highlights, not just some of them. I highly recommend Brayan. This tour was one of the best things we did on our cruise!

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank Dianne J
See more reviews
Reviewed October 28, 2016

We booked this tour several weeks before our cruise stop to Cartagena with Brayan and were so glad we did so. We were 3 active couples in our sixties and first time visitors to Cartagena and so impressed with the knowledge and maturity of this young Columbian man. His English was excellent and he was very adaptable in changing the itinerary to fit our interests. We got a thorough explanation of the history of Cartagena and were exposed to wide cross-section of the city that included a trip to the city's highest point overlooking Cartagena Bay and a walking tour of the church atop this point. Cartagena's skyline surprised us as we were not expecting high rise buildings and high demand condos by visiting South Americans for their holiday destination. It is a very colourful city and protected from the ravages of hurricanes that often cause devastation in that area of the world. We travelled through the city in an air conditioned van comfortably and saw three times as much as we would have seen on a ship excursion. I recommend this tour highly. You will be in good hands with Brayan.

Date of experience: October 2016